cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Value for referenced to table field characteristic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

I created a characteristic LRG that references a table field. More precisely MARA-BREIT.

In MM03, Classification view, I can see that LRG has the correct value. When I try to cerate an order in VA01, or test the configuration in CU50 or in PMEVC LRG is simply empty and gray (as non editable). 

Any hint?

Best Regards!

Carlo Alberto Fabbretti

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Carlo,

The only fields that can be read via reference characteristics are the ones mentioned in note 935885.

For material master fields you need to reference the characteristic to tables

MAEPV Material master fields or MAAPV Material master fields. Unfortunately field BREIT is not in this structure therefore you wont be able to read it .

Regards

Amber

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Amber,

thanks for the consideration.

I have to admit your point might be the reason but the mentioned note states that:

"You use reference characteristics to change the Value via Object Dependency but this does not work"

I'd be satisfied with just reading it. In fact from the master material classification view those values are correctly referenced.

Is there any way to workarount the issue?

Best Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carlo,

There is a limitation on change/reading. Only limited fields can be read/changed/ The notes explains the fields that can be used for reading. You can use user exit USEREXIT_GET_FIELD_FROM_SDCOM (MV45AFZB) and USEREXIT_MOVE_WORKAREA_TO_SDWA (MV45AFZB) to read your own fields.

Please read following notes

549163  FAQ: Configuration in the sales order

644574  User exit: EXIT_SAPLCEI0_001

Regards

Amber

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carlo,

You can review Note 571609 - "Reference characteristics unknown" for more details

Regards

Amber

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Experts,

but I don't have any visibility of the value of such referencing characteristic from CU50 nor PMEVC whilst I can't renounce to these feature.

Is there any shared tabel that allows me to retrieve MATNR value in every context?

Flavio
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Carlo Alberto,

It's weird that you cannot see the value from the reference characteristic in CU50, VA02 or whatever.

Just to be sure, is the characteristic pointing to the right table field? And is it part of the variant class?

Excuse me if I am insisting on that.......

Thank you and bye,

Flavio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Flavio,

it is not weird, in fact I can see the value of a referenced characteristic from mm02 if the characteristics references a field of the mara table. In this case I can't see such value from va02 nor cu50. If, instead, I reference a field from the vbap table, then I can see its value assigned to the characteristics from within transaction va02 but not cu50 nor mm02.

I think this is because each transaction can access a limited number of tables and there is no universal table visible from within all transaction.

Anyway I think I have solved this way:

• reference vbap table field wich allows the system work in production mode (i.e. during sales orders va##)
  • when it comes to cu50, testing mode, I will insert manually the values

It's an half victory but if I keep spending time on this could end up in an half loss.

Thanks you all Experts for all your support!!!

Flavio
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you Carlo Alberto,

It's clear now (previously, I understood the reference characteristics were not returning any value...).

Now, a solution could be to have them both, one for MARA-MATNR and the other for VBAP-MATNR, and use them accordingly.

Thank you again and bye,

Flavio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Amber,

I was thinking to this workaround: what if i write a function module that given the material number scans the mara for the above mentione fields?

I tried to implement this solution but I am unable to passa the material number to the function from the configuration profile.

Does it make any sense? Any help?

Best regards!

Flavio
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Carlo Alberto,

If it could be of some help, I think you can use a reference characteristic to MARA-MATNR and pass it to the User-Defined Function, via the related object dependency in the configuration profile.

The function will then fetch the needed data from the db table.

I believe it should work. Just let me know if further details are needed.

Thank you and bye,

Flavio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Flavio,

thanks for your support.MARA-MATNR field suffers from the same problem that BREIT and the other fields I'm trying to reference do. Hence I can't use it in my sell order.

I'm quite new to SAP and I don't have a 360 degree view of the system. I am wondering where is kept the information about the material number within the order. It might be the solution.

Cheers!

Flavio
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Carlo Alberto,

for a sales order item, you can use a reference characteristic to VBAP-MATNR.

It should work. At least, I am using it in my system and it works....

Thank you and bye,

Flavio

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Flavio,

I eco flavio ciotola  recommendation you can create a referance characterstic refering VBAP-MATNR and it will fetch order material , pass it to your Z function which will fetch othe rdetails from material master.

Hope this ligic will work for you.

Thanks

Ritesh