Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LIne item deletion -availability

former_member216388
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

I am in a bit of a pickle. I had 2 KAs for a material/serial number combination say 1 and 2. The material has been confirmed in the schedule line

in KA 1 but then BP wanted to bring it in using KA 2 so he assigned a reason for rejection for that line item in KA 1 so he could confirm the schedule line

in KA 2. This didnt work.

Unfortunately I deleted the confirmed schedule line in KA 1 and then deleted the line time itself in KA 1. This didnt result in the  material being available for a return with KA 2.

As a result of the above in MMBE the material is still with the customer (KB)(we are using KB and KA for rental process mapping)

but if look at KA 2 availablity check result for the material that qty is still confirmed against KA 1 line item which we deleted.

Please assist in bring the material to available

Regards

Madan Shetty

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
 I had 2 KAs for a material/serial number

What do you mean by KA??  As far as possible, please dont use any abbreviated words and conclude everybody would read your mind.  I presume it is order type.

When you say rental processing, I don't understand why you were involving delivery.  Ideally, the process should have been Order related billing.  Also are the two lines have same material code? 

Please share maximum informations both from business perspective and SAP point of view so that suitable suggestions can be given.

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member216388
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Lakshmipathi................ I am sorry I assumed with KA being a standard document type I wouldnt need to have to explain it.

We use rental process to map item being given to agent as a sample which has to be returned with in a stipulated time period.... We use the KB document type to map items given to agents and KA doc type  to bring the same back to the plant. If I am sending it out and bringing it back using movement types wouldn't you need to create a delivery document????? which in this  case is 631 and 634.

I hope this explains the business process.

Issue is 2 return doucments were created and the item /serial number combination was confirmed in one of them. Now that line item has been deleted but the material/serial number combination is still not available for a return.

MMBE shows that the combination is still with the agent 631 mov type I need to do a 634 but i am not able to do the same.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Issue is 2 return doucments were created and the item /serial number combination was confirmed in one of them. Now that line item has been deleted but the material/serial number combination is still not available for a return.

Why in a return order, you were doing availability check?  Also how the return order has been created?  With reference to what document?  Fill Up Order or Proforma?   Ideally, KA should have been generated by referencing the preceding document F8 in which case, you would not have faced this issue.

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member216388
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your time,

IN our case we do not bill the agents nor is it possible for them to decide to buy the sample equipment these are only for demo purposes at the client site(which forms a large portion of their business).

We create a KB document and then delivery document  so now the material is with the agent and when he is returning it we create a KA document with reference to the KB doc and then through return delivery we bring it back in to the plant. Availability check is to verify if the agent has the material with him to bring back in to the plant.

This process has been running smoothly until now when I deleted the line item,  the material serial number combination is stuck i cant seem to bring it back in to the plant. Seems like something went wrong with the updations on deletion.

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We use rental process to map item being given to agent as a sample which has to be returned with in a stipulated time period.... We use the KB document type to map items given to agents and KA doc type  to bring the same back to the plant. If I am sending it out and bringing it back using movement types wouldn't you need to create a delivery document????? which in this  case is 631 and 634.

Dear

If you want to map your goods sent on KB and

will be picked back by business within permitted days with KA.

But in KA --the movement type will be 632(not 634)

Please update...

Phanikumar

former_member223981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you executed an availability check for KA2 after you deleted the KA1? The availability situation will not be updated automatically. You need to trigger a new availability check.

former_member216388
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Noel I did that but it didn't work. The material is still assigned to the 1st Order/line item.

former_member216388
Participant
0 Kudos

Any input please

former_member223981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So you have deleted KA1 but the material is still assigned to KA1? That does not sound correct. Maybe it is assigned to another item? Check CO09 to see why there is no available quantity.

former_member216388
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Noel,

I had checked CO09 and it said that the Sales Order line item doesnt exist.

So the material is kinda stuck and I cannot use it anymore. I think this could be related to the Order/lineitem  status and maybe there is a program to update the same.

Regards

Madan Shetty

former_member223981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Madan,

If the sales order doesnt exist, then it should not be using the available stock! In this case, report SDRQCR21 will correct the issue.

However, I am not fully clear on the issue. Do you see the available stock actually being used in CO09?

former_member216388
Participant
0 Kudos

Noel I had tried this program as well didnt work.

former_member223981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you post screenshots showing CO09 and VA03?

former_member216388
Participant
0 Kudos

Noel with Co09 for KA1 it says Sales order/item not found

and with  Co09 for KA2 quantity is all zero.

When I look at the avaiability overview in the Sales order(KA 2) yesterday it showed me the earlier order

and confirmed qty as 1 but today it doesnt show me the same.

But I still cant confirm the schedule line with the 2nd order .

Regards

Madan Shetty

former_member223981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you have all 0's for KA2, then there is nothing available.

It may have happened that there was stock available for KA1 so this was confirmed. Then this available stock becomes unavailable (e.g. maybe a material document was reversed). Then you have a situation where KA1 is overconfirmed. Usually such a scenario is corrected by running a new availability check. In your case, KA1 is deleted. You think this should free up stock for KA2. However, this is not the case - there is no stock available as the material document was reversed.

former_member216388
Participant
0 Kudos

Noel but in our case if I look at MMBE for that material serial number combination

it is still with the client using the KB document so it should still be available for a return.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madan,

I think at the time o line item deletion the status is not updated in the respective tables.

Please refer the program call SDBANF05 and also check the OSS note 382776, 107508.

Regards,

Pankaj.

former_member216388
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Pankaj let me check and update u and Noel

former_member216388
Participant
0 Kudos

Pankaj this looks a like a program to fix third party sales order related schedule line issues.

former_member216388
Participant
0 Kudos

Any assistance pls