Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The backend table for SAP BODS Trace Log

former_member208935
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Does any one know what is the backend table in repository database where the trace log is stored after the job has executed. Typically there are three options for viewing log in the designer: Trace, Statistics and Error. I am interested in finding out where could I extract that information from, especially the Trace log which provides information as below:

(Pid, Tid, Type, Timestamp, Message)

18092 7804 DATAFLOW 06/04/2014 7:20:02 PM Sub data flow <DF_TEST> using PAGEABLE Cache with <3550 MB> buffer pool.

18092 7804 DATAFLOW 06/04/2014 7:20:02 PM Sub data flow <DF_TEST> is completed successfully.

18092 7472 DATAFLOW 06/04/2014 7:20:02 PM Process to execute sub data flow <DF_TEST> is completed.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member208935
Participant
0 Kudos

I was hoping that it does save into one of the AL_* tables like AL_STATISTICS etc...

For now, I have imported log into Excel and imported the Excel into DB table which makes working with data much easier.

Thank you, all.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rizwan,

You can refer to view ALVW_HISTORY which has information about the job status. It also contains the information if the job was triggered from designer or management console.

Hope this information is useful.

Regards,

Ankit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rizwan,

You can find log files in below BODS installed dirve.

C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\Data Services\log

Please try below link.

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/EIM/Loading+log+files+%28Error%2C+Trace%2C+Monitor%29+into+a+ta...

Thanks & Regards,

Balamurugan G

former_member187605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Depends on your version. In DS 4.2 it's ProgramData instead of \Program Files (x86). Note that by default ProgramData is a hidden folder.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thair,

Data Services generates three log files for every Job run and these three files are saved in "Log" directory of Data Services installation directory. The location must be either one of the below two locations:

1. <LINK_DIR>/Log

2. Users/<User ID>/App Data/SAP BusinessObejcts/Data Services/Log

These logs are not saved in repository database.

Thanks,

Ramakrishna Kamurthy