cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWBC Side Panel Menu Items only display sporadically

Greg-55
Explorer
0 Kudos

I have a problem where the side panels appear sporadically when using  the  SAP standard side panels and roles which contain(Notes/Attachments, Collaboration,  Reports).

I've tried using the 'Clean-Up' under the Extended Supportability menu selection with no success.

If i run transaction NWBC and call the specified transaction afterwards the side panels appear.

Is there something missing in the NWBCOptions.xml file?

Any help would be appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Greg-55
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks all. I found the solution in the following note.

1353538 -  NWBC Patch Collection Server side (ABAP) + NWBC  for HTML

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Damean
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Greg

I think the issue may be in the Role itself. The association between a Transaction to a Side Panel is define via the Role (Special Note: Even the "Easy Access Favorites" is consider a role). The issue is a single Tcode could appear in multiple roles; and some of them may have Side Panel assigned; some may not; and there could also be different level of priority given.

If I execute the Tcode systemically via the Role "Work Center", I am pretty much guarantee that the SidePanel (if assigned), will appear. 

However if I run the Tcode via the "NWBC Omni Searchbox" or via the good old "SAPGUI Command line box", then the result could be fairly hard to predict. Basically it will be based on priority of the Roles.

So bottom line, if there's issue with Side Panel. First thing, is to determine which Role are currently loaded to your system. Regrettably, in my system today, I still could NOT pinpoint the exact Role during run time (short of debug); but some of the hint below will probably help.

HTH

Greg-55
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Damean-BF

I see that SidePanels do appear consistently when calling the Tcode from the Favorites or Work Center.

You're correct that it's a hit or miss from the Search or GUI Command but this behavior doesn't exist when i compare myself to others who have the same permissions.

Is there a way to see or compare the order the roles are determined by their priority level?

Damean
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is there a way to see or compare the order the roles are determined by their priority level?

I am NOT aware of any standard tool that could do the role comparison that way. Based on the result of my trace, I believe the "Sort Index" (MENU_ATT_NWBC_SORTINDEX) in the Role determines the priority.

Whenever I have such issue, so far my approach is to used a variant of report Samuli kindly provides (see the discussion list) above to narrow down the roles of interest, then try to get the details of the sort priority value to narrow down my criteria.  Heck a lot faster than trying to get it through via Debugger! However do note that "Easy Access Favorites" does NOT have priority by itself ....

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

I believe the information is available under Server Information in Extended Supportability, scroll down to the NAVIGATION_TREE section. It is not very user friendly but all required information should be there, in the correct order.

Greg-55
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Samuli

I do see  a few errors.

Under PFCG

Parameter COLL_READ_LEVEL_1, ADD_MENU_DETAILS, CONDENSE_MENU

Not sure what the default settings suggest for these parameters?

Under Roles

Home Role?         - Medium -  Error

Root Folders >0? - High  - Error 

Could this be the problem?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Greg,

I have noticed similar symptoms on my system too. Sometimes the side panel is available and sometimes it's not, I have also noticed that it seems to depend on whether the t-code is launched from the menu or from the quick launch bar... sometimes I think it depends on how long I wait after the initial logon (as if the NWBC is still downloading information about side panels in the background) I haven't been very scientific about getting to the bottom of this yet as you can probably tell but will keep an eye on it and also on this post in case someone else has the same issues or even a solution.

Thanks,

Simon