cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

backup plan

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all

how do i create a backup plan for the lumira database so that the customer never loose his customizations in the prepare -visualize -compose windows?

thanks

regards

Nicky

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

som
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Nicky

Our recommendation today is to consider Lumira Server ot BI 4.1 platform.

In terms of being able to save to a custom location, it is a highly desired feature in general but the initial scope we intend to look into is simply for an end user to save to other locations. We do not yet forsee adding a feature for IT to control the location.

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

hi nicky,

I am not sure to understand your question as everything that you need is backed up in the lumira document.

So just think about saving frequently 🙂

Antoine

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Antoine

thanks

i mean a plan like the Microsoft SQL Maintenance plan for SAP Business One

i 'd like to install lumira for a sap business one customer on a server and make a backup plan of his work like the sql maintenance plan for sap b1

thanks

regards

nicky

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Still confused with the question, sorry.

Nothing is persisted in the SAP Lumira engine (sybase IQ) when documents & application are closed. So why the need to back-up it?

Thanks

Antoine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maybe i specify the case better:  if our customer use lumira standard edition , each user has to save they own visualization locally on their pc (or in the cloud) , there is no way for the Customer-IT manager to change the standard locations (local path on the user PC) of the saved documents ?

Or : How can the IT manager save the work (documents saved by the users) automatically on a server ?

thanks

regards

nicky

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Nicky,

I better understand the ask now.

Is this similar to this idea? Use Industry Standardes the Save and Save As dialogs : View Idea

Or do you need a default save location per user?

Can you please detail a bit more the use case?

Thanks a lot

Antoine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Antoine

thanks i didn't know the ideas link . i promoted the idea . it is in the right direction.

I Understand that Lumira is not a client -server application , where the backups of users works are made on serverside

The best thing for the IT manager of a company in case of a NON client -server application like lumira standard edition is to have a backup of the work of each user on the server

So the ideal case would be that each user can choose the path where the documents are saved

(and so he can choose a path on a server that has a backup & restore system)

Perfect solution would be also in the options of lumira the possibility to set the default path that will be proposed in the save/save as function

you think this will be possible in a future version ?

thanks

regards

nicky

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Thanks for making the use case explicit already.

Former Member
0 Kudos

you think this will be possible in a future version ?

thanks

regards

nicky