cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMP 3.0 server is taking long time to start

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All , I have problem with SMP 3.0  server . When i start first  time , i can start with in 4-5 mins . But when stop and publish my agentry application and start again its taking so long time or not started at all . Can you please check  ? why this weird  server behavior ? I am using Agentry test environment verion 7 to connect to my server . But i am getting  communication error 14 . Thanks & Regards,   Kunal Varaiya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to the task manager and kill the java process, and restart the server. It would help.

Thanks and Regards,

Suma

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Apply the path sp03 for SMP 3.0 and this issue would be solved.

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I am facing similar issue in SMP 3.0 SP03.

We stopped the smp service (by clicking on Desktop icon) by logging windows Account name as smpServiceUser and i was able to stop the service but when i click on "Start Services" icon, it says "Waiting for SAPSMP3Service to connect"

I could able to restart the services after restarting the server but this should not be the solution.right?

Rgrds,

JK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JK,

yeah, SMP 3.0 sometimes takes long time to re-start. Generally, i would go to task manager and kill the java process if it takes long time to stop. I think this is very common issue and hope they improve in next patch. Yes, you should not bounce the server to start the SMP services.

Thanks,

Shiv

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Shiv,

thanks for your response.

Do we need to stop/start smp3.0 services by logging with "smpServiceUser" only? Or could be with windows admin user? What is recommended way?

Also is "restarting" a service equivalent to "stop/starting" that service?

Rgrds,

JK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JK,

Bouncing the services as windows admin user should be fine and I dont think there is a particular recomended way as its not a major issue.

Yes, re-starting the service is equal to stop/start that service.

Per SAP, for bouncing the services, the desktop icon ( for start and stop SMP) should be used rather than going to services section and re-starting the services.

Thanks,

Shiv

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Can you try with "stopping the service" and then "starting the service"?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jitendra , I have done many times , but i could  not able to start or figure it out why ? first time when i installed , it was working nice  after that just getting messages like  waiting for SAPSMP3Service to start. Can you check  it once ? Thanks & Regards, Kunal Varaiya