Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compatibility of SOLMAN 7.1 SP4 with SAP NetWeaver BW 7.4

khampariamukesh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I am having question whether SOLMAN 7.1 SP4 is supporting SAP NetWeaver BW 7.4 for any configuration like EWA .

I do not find the option for SAP NW BW 7.4 while creating Logical Component in SOLMAN.

Thanks

Mukesh Khamparia

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per SAP Note 1784475, you would need atleast SP35 of ST-ICO for properly configuring SAP Netweaver 7.4 based systems with the Solution Manager. ST-ICO SP35 comes with SolMan 7.1 Stack 8. Would recommend to to update to this stack.

Regards,

Srikishan

khampariamukesh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Friends. I got my answer.

Mukesh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mukesh.

I've faced to the same problem.

Can you pls tell me how did you solved your problem.

Thank you beforehand,

regards,

Arman

khampariamukesh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Arman,

I don't remember exactly but seems I have executed as suggested in the thread.

Thanks

Mukesh

khampariamukesh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Seems it is not working as expected.

However I can see the Component for SAP Netweaver 7.4 but I need it for SAP Netweaver BW 7.4 which is still not there after importing the XML file.

But it is NOT there for BW Product

Please suggest..

Thanks

Mekesh

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

SAP Netweaver BW 7.4 does not exist as a product version. There is only Netweaver 7.4.

You have to define Netweaver 7.4 for your system, then select as relevant product instance Business Intelligence (if you did not do this yet). Then, in the logical component definition screen, you see there is a dropdown menu for the product instance. In your screenshot, 'Prod. Instance' is set to 'Application Server ABAP'. You have to change this and choose 'Business Intelligence'.

Best regards,

Miguel Ariño

v_veeramalla
Active Participant
0 Kudos

It will support , as per your screenshot looks like PPMS data missing , follow the below note

1603103 - SMSY: NetWeaver 7.3 upgrade

Reason and Prerequisites

This PPMS data is not delivered until Solution Manager Support Package 26 or higher.

The product definition of SAP NetWeaver 7.3 is available with Solution Manager Support Package 25. Alternatively, use the attached files.

Solution

1. 1. Download the files attached to this note. The archives contain the required XML files.2. Call the report RS_SMSY_PPMS_XML_UP_DOWNLOAD with the option Upload = 'X'. Select the files that you just downloaded from the note, and load the required data in your system.

SAP_NETWEAVER_74.zip