cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWBC 4.0 PL9 Desktop - Global Language change?

alexander_tuerk2
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Colleagues,

We have rolled out NWBC 4.0 via a software tool. On my pc the default language of all NWBC information is in German. For my colleagues it is in English. So I assume it is taking the information from the local pc settings? Is this correct? Is it possible to change it like in the SAP GUI where you just change the language from DE to EN?

Regards,

Alexander

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Damean
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Alexander,

The language is part of your system connection parameter (i.e. Click on "Switch" icon on top left corner, follow by Settings > Connections > Systems).

If it's NOT specify there, then the system will use the default language on your "User Profile" or the last choice is the system parameter.

Cheers

Damean

alexander_tuerk2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Damean,

I can change the connection parameter to English but this is not what I am looking for. Before even connecting to the SAP Systems, all NWBC description are in German. I would like to change them. Any idea?

Regards,

Alexander

former_member183060
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Alexander,

when you NWBC Desktop, it is started on the language, that is set in your windows user profile (control panel / region and language). When you change the 'format', then the language of the NWBC will change too.

BR

Melinda

jochem_schueltke
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

For me that's a significant disadvantage. I have to give presentations - showing the Desktop NetWeaver Business Client for Windows - with my computer (laptop) in German and in English. It's more than user-unfriendly to force me swithcing the 'Format' each time from "German" to "English (United Kingdom)" for example, because this affects a lot of Windows Settings I do not want to have.

A simple option "Language" within the NWBC personalize settings would be by far the best switch from my point of view. The Initial default language (when installing NWBC Desktop) could be derived by the Format - that's okay.

It appears to me that the current way could be overengineered.

Kind regards,

Jochem

Answers (0)