cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution of Inspection Lot creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi expert,

I am newbie in QM module.  I have some question for solution in QM inspetion.

sample

Production Order created order for 100,000 pcs and goods receipt batch split(2,000 per batch), 50 batch per production order.

Then in QM generate 50 inspection lot (inspection lot per batch). Usually QM inspector inspected some batch not all of 50 batch.

How i can result record in SAP only 1 inspection lot for all of 50 batch and 49 inspection lot auto result record and auto UD.

Or

1 Production Order generate 1 inspection lot.

thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Apart from the discussion you had with Sandip (where standard behavior is nicely explained), I would need some more information about your process.

• You didn't say about the stock management. Who is taking care of stock after the GR? Is it directly posted to Unrestricted or you get it into QI which later quality inspector release after RR/UD?
  • Is it mandatory to record results for other 49 batches when inspection is actually not done for them? If yes, what logic is adopted to do that ?

If you don't get the quantity into QI after the GR, you might want to look at manual inspection lots where quality inspector can easily generate them for the desired batch/ pallet and do the result recording (but without stock control) & leave aside other batches

ntn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can do the settings like below,

SPRO --> Quality Management --> Quality Inspection --> Inspection Lot Creation --> Define Default Values for Inspection Type --> Select inspection type 04 and go to details --> change the Control insLot as a 1 For each material document , material, batch and storage location in Tab Inspection lot creation.

OR

You can same seeting apply in material master --> QM view --> Inspection set up --> Select inspection type 04 --> Control insLot as a 1 For each material document , material, batch and storage location

Sandip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandip,

Thank you for your reply.

I try to setting following with you.

In SPRO

and

In Material Master

and then I created production order for 10,000 pc and goods receipt 5 batch@2,000 pc

such as

BATCH001 : 2,000

BATCH002 : 2,000

BATCH003 : 2,000

BATCH004 : 2,000

BATCH005 : 2,000

I want system generate 1 inspection lot per material document. but system generate 5 inspection lot

How i can set for 1 inspection lot

thank you ^__^

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If there are different batches for one material then it will create different inspection lot.

You can't create one lot for different batches.

This is the standard process.

If there are same batche for one material then you can create only one lot as per my previous explaination.

sandip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandip,

Can you tell me of your suggestion for this case condition? I have no idea.

PP module want to generate batch number for each pallet production.  But inspector inspect some pallet.

thank you

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yeah.. that's a bad design.  (sorry).  Your PP person should know better.  (IMHO).

You really don't want to create a single batch for each and every pallet.  For one.. it is wrong.. if the material is produced at the same time, with the same ingredients and tested as one unit, it is all one batch.. not 50.

If you want to identify each pallet, then you should be looking at using either serialization or (I don't believe I'm suggesting this!), handling unit management.

If you make every pallet a batch, you'll not only have a hard time with QM but you'll also be increasing the number of material movements, increasing batch split items, have major issues with accurate reporting in both QM and PP, etc. etc.. etc...

Bad idea....

Craig