cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webservice to RFC Scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have a requirement to do a Webservice to RFC Synchronous Scenario.

Web Services --> PI --> RFC Request (Zxyz.request)

Web Services <-- PI  <-- RFC Response (Zxyx.response)

With respect to Design: I have defind the following objects,

2 Data Types -- 1 for Req, and another 1 for Response

1 Outbound Sync Service Interface

1 Inbound RFC Service Interface

2 Mappings -- Requset & Response

1 Operation Mapping

I want to understand the configuration like how many Sx Agreements, Rx Determinations, Interface Determinations, Rx Agreements are required.

I understood like

one sender agreement pushing webservice to PI, 1 Receiver determination, 1 Interface determination calling operation mapping

2 Receiver agreements -- one for connecting ECC and another for handling response message that to be pushed to legacy system.

Correct me if my understanding is wrong. I could see in few links like there is no comm channels defined for handling response message.

Thanks,

Sai

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

gagandeep_batra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

As Mark said you only need One RA.

you can check following doc that may help:

SAPTechnical.COM - Publishing Interface as Web Service (Web Service to RFC)

Regards

GB

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Gangandeep,

I have a query with respect to webservices:

1. Will PI consultant gives with WSDL to 3rd party or 3rd party gives wsdl to PI, if in the second case few xml header tags are not getting matched, how to handle this type of structures

2. For sychronous Webservice to RFC scenario, soap sender comm channel quality of services is put to Best Effort, I still dont understand how the response is handled, we may need to post to the specific URL, where this URL is maintained and how this is managed.

Please elaborate more on this.,

Thanks,

--Sai

gagandeep_batra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

1. Will PI consultant gives with WSDL to 3rd party or 3rd party gives wsdl to PI,structures

It's depend on the 3rd party if they already have the functionality then they give you otherwise if they don't have then you can give them also and they will develop their application from that.

if in the second case few xml header tags are not getting matched, how to handle this type of

You can use do not use header in SOAP Channel

2. For sychronous Webservice to RFC scenario, soap sender comm channel quality of services is put to Best Effort, I still dont understand how the response is handled, we may need to post to the specific URL, where this URL is maintained and how this is managed.

you can define the both mapping in Operation mapping and your Interface is Sync then it automatically pick the response mapping and give the output to the same source channel who is requesting the message

Regards

GB

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

You have a excellent Shabarish Vijayakumar's blog about this scenario

My few cents, you can think the sender and the receiver agreement like the communication points, the interfaces.

Go ahead with Mark suggestion.

Regards.

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You only need one receiver agreement (to ECC system). The response message will be automatically handled when it is sent by the ECC system. The hoplist in the SOAP header will ensure that the response message is received by the sender application (your webservice in this example).

Regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mark,

I have a doubt here, will WSDL will be given by PI consultant in this case or will it  be provided by the 3rd party.

Still, I am bit confused like how response is handled, we use quality of service as BEST EFFORT where how the URL is identified and response is handled.

Thanks,

--Sai

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

The answer is it depends, if you are just exposing the RFC, it will be the PI to give the WSDL, but if it is the 3rd party structure that will be needed, the WSDL will come from them.

Do not worry about the response, the configuration of synch scenarios are just like asynch ones.

Regards,

Mark