Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Itsmobile AutoEnter Problem

omer_savran2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a strange problem, if i add more than one input field to ITS screen, auto enter is not working.

if there is only one input field, it is working fine.

We are using internet explorer on symbol MC9090 WM5

I could not figure it out why it happens, I need some help if you experience it before

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

ok. Did the barcode data fill the whole 1st input field ?

What is the behaviour of focus, if you fill a input field with keyboard data completely?

Does the cursor remain at end of 1st field or jump to next field (similar to auto tab out in SAPGUI)?

It might be useful to enlage input field to be longer than the data scanned, so the cursor can remain in that field and enter from scanner is processed with cursor in this field.

omer_savran2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks Matthias but I tried all things with application side, it is not related with input field attributes or cursor positions

i have to be sure that operating system and device supports itsmobile

is there anyone run ITS applications on WM5?

Does internet exploerer on windows mobile 5 support ITS screens?

former_member194364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Omer,

The issue as I understand here is with regards to the Browser. The Internet Explorer Browser does not recognise the AutoEnter or Autotab. If you were to use the Symbol Pocket Browser with the MC9090 then the AutoEnter/Autotab would work here.

See the note:

1311169 ITSmobile: Barcode scanner AutoEnter

see also the SCN threads - these might be of interest

Regards,

Oisin

omer_savran2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Oisin,

thanks i already read all documents

First of all SAP recommends to use industrial browsers,

But before changing our browsers, i have to be sure that the other browsers will work fine for us

when i talk with one of pocketbrowser technician, he says autoenter problem continues with pocket browser running on windows mobile.

the second issue is that 

I know clients which they use internet explorer without any problem, so the problem may be WM5

or motorola device mc9090

so i do not know how i can solve this issue, by changing browser, operating system, device

or hopefully a small configuration

former_member194364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Omer,

Re Pocketbrowser - I am not aware of such issues in the recent past.

1311169 ITSmobile: Barcode scanner AutoEnter --> is an Old note at this stage and shows that this functionality is available.

The clients who do not have an issue with Internet Explorer - are they using a newer Windows Mobile OS / Internet Explorer?

Re a small configuration if your are using this WM5; this would not be small but could be a workaround to have just field per screen; the downside is that you would have these additional screens to contend with but would have the autoenter feature.

Regards,

Oisin

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As AutoEnter is not a feature of ITS I'll assume you're using the LMxx transactions for WM.

The order of fields on screen may have a influence in processing...

Are the input fields both verification fields from standard (View V_T313B) or user defined fields ?

Best regards,

Matthias

omer_savran2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I try custom transactions and standart transactions, but it does not change anything.

When I scan barcode, enter is not working if there is more than one input field.

I think it is not related with the application.

It may be a compatibility problem device, windows version, browser or ITS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you scan a barcode, the scanner in the device simulates a keyboard entry with the scanned data from barcode. Nothing more by default. If you scan a barcode containing "123", you'll receive "123" in the edit field in the same way as you would have entered it on keyboard.

Did you configure the scanner on the device to generate a (keyboard) enter by itself after the last barcode data was read ?

If you type in the data from barcode and press enter on keyboard, what did you expect to happen ?

What happens if you run the transaction in SAPGUI with same data ?

The idea of (keyboard) enter after a scan is to get a PAI in ABAP dynpro and continue business process

Regards,

Matthias

omer_savran2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes you are right, after scanning barcode on ITS screen, i get the value in the field but it does not set auto enter.

I do not think it is a configuration issue because if i scan barcode on any application like excel sheet, it sets autoenter.

So, PAI in ABAP dynpro is not working because function code of enter is not set properly

Does windows mobile 5 support ITS screens? is there anyone run ITS application on WM5?

Do we need to install or update any application on device MC9090?