cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planning areas are inactive after system copy

Hello All,

We are doing system copy of APO from production to quality about every 6 months and it always goes successful.

this time the same method has been used. DB Backup/restore. we have followed all the post-steps (BW system copy/APO system copy/live cache system copy) and they all went fine. system is up and running. but somehow. all the planning areas are in red. inactive.

Please let me know how to start and where to start. if i will activate, the data will be lost.

OM17/OM03 all checks shows every thing green.

BR

Samirr Desai.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi Samir,

First check created time series object is there or not. You can see in msdp_admin and right click on planning area. If time series is there, then just create one more time. It'll activate PA and not loose any data. Usual, when time series deleted, planning area become inactive and all data lost. In your case it might be inconstancy occur during system copy.

Check live cache status in LC10. All should be green.

Thanks,

Swapnil

0 Kudos

Hi Swapnil,

while activating DP planning area, all data was lost. we had a DP backup cube, While loading it back to DP planning area the system gives error with no characteristic or navigational attribute exist with the form routine error.

LC10 green. no error.

OM17 Green.

OM03 green.

OM13 fine.

all reports given in note 886102/103 ran and no issue there.

BR

Samirr

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just a fluke

Try creating a another version for the planning area and initialize the time series. In the process the inactive one may become active. I advise such from memory but I may be wrong. that was an older version.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

try this. anway you have lost the data. and now planning area is active.

so, first in production, take backup of DP data in backup infocube.

make source system connection in your QA to production

copy that cube.means copy into DTP. run the dataload. and then upload the data in planning area.

it should work.

BR

S.

0 Kudos

Hi Sami,

It worked. thanks. lengthy process. but atleast now have the data.

BR

Samirr.

Answers (0)