Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing username(identity) in IdM when infotype 0105 system id changes

former_member297605
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All

Please could you provide me some advise on how to address this requirement.

IDM 7.2 SP6

When HR hires a contractor in SAP HR they set the system id in infotype 105 with a specific value eg. X123456. The extract job

creates the identity in IDM with this system id.

In due course if the contractor becomes a permanent employee the system id in 105 is updated to a different value eg. Y123456 by the HR team.

When this occurs and the HR extract job is run as a delta for the same employee nothing happens. The customer expectation is that it would update the identity in IdM with the new system id eg. Y123456 but it fails as the Personnel Number already belongs to a User Account ID in IDM.

Question is, is there a way to meet the customer's expectation? If yes, how?

Are there any drawbacks with this solution?

Please advise

Thanks

Ran

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member297605
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All... just wanted to give you all a heads up on this as believe we have worked out the solution. The way to solve this issue would be to ...

First, in infotype 105 delimit the old username record with yesterday’s date and second open a new 105 record for the new username valid from today’s date.

Thanks for all your input/support

Ran

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ranjit,

is the system ID used as the MSKEYVALUE in IdM? Could you provide a screenshot from IdM with a test-identity to show, what the status is and what you expect to change?

In our IdM, when an employee gets a new employee-number (e.g. he changes from extern to intern), that will create a new identity in IdM with that new number as MSKEYVALUE and the old ID will be set to inactive (in HR and IdM).

But maybe you mean something else by "system ID", so I'm a bit confused right now.

Regards,

Steffi.

former_member297605
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Steffi Yes that's what we need to happen here as well.yes the system I'd from hr info type 105 is the mskeyvalue. Do your hr payroll staff delimit the old 105 record and create a new one for this to trigger?

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think yes (I'm not that versed in the whole "info type" department yet ^^).

The personal number is delimited and a new one created and assigned to the user. And since every active employee-account (valid to-date bigger than the system-date) will result in a new IdM-identity, the new identity will be created in IdM with the new personal number.

former_member297605
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Steffi I'm working with Hr PY team ascertain this process and test. Will get back once done. Thanks for ur advise. Have a great weekend.

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You, too, Ranjit! I'm looking forward to your test-results.

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think Ran is talking about the User ID, not the personnel number.  Infotype 0105, subtype 0001 is the "System user name" (SY-UNAME), but the value put in is referred to as "ID/number" in the infotype, which can be confusing if you're not used to it.  So what Ran is saying is that contractors are hired as permanent employees, their SAP usernames change along with their employee IDs (or personnel numbers).

I can't speak to how IdM would handle this, as we don't use IdM (yet!) here.  In the "old-fashioned" way of doing things, running RHPROFL0 would result in the creation of a new user account.

Regards,

Matt

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ah, see! That's why I wanted to see some screenshots. ^^

Okay, we fill that through IdM, not the other way around (if we talk about the same thing, but I think we are now ). So the new identity is created in IdM and the info type is filled through IdM (as is the email adress in another info type). But the username is not the mskeyvalue in our IdM, at least not for employees. So either he needs another way to get the information from the info type into IdM OR they change the workflow so that the info type in HR is filled via IdM.

Well, Ranjit will come back eventually. *g*

Thank you for clearing that up, Matt!

former_member297605
Active Participant
0 Kudos

That's exactly right Matt. Thanks for clarifying that.

former_member297605
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Steffi

Yes Matts right. Sorry for the confusion. It works the other way here. The username from info type 0105 is pushed through to idm through a scheduled extraction job. So in this scenario when a contractor becomes a permanent employee the HR team update the username to a different format in info type 0105 and expect this to push through to idm which is not happening. I'm waiting on confirmation from them on the process they follow ie if they delimit the 0105 record and create a new one which reflects the new username.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ranjit,

When the email ID ( InfoType 105 ) of a user changes, does that entry sit in HRLDAP_PERNR Table in SAP ABAP System?

Regards,

Mohamed Fazil

former_member297605
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mohamed not the email I'd but the field where you can define a userid in info type 105.

former_member297605
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mohamed not the email I'd but the field where you can define a userid in info type 105.

former_member297605
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All..... Please could I request your thoughts on this.... Thanks