cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does SAP increase SM50 ... -> trace level automatically?

former_member211576
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Does SAP increase SM50 ... -> trace level automatically? I find file system is full in application server from time to time and I find trace level increases to 2 from default: 1. Why? How do I prevent from reoccurring?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dennis,

The SM50 log does not save in application server. as it is the snapshot only. The Sm20 audit log save in application server file level. Please check it. And let us know which folder increased rapidly. If it is cause of SM20,,, then you can archive these folders.

Please let me know the folder name which size is so big.

Thanks

Asad

former_member211576
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Asaduzzaman,

As you see in the screenshot, sometimes I find dev_trace file can grow up to 8GB per file. I have to clean up manually from time to time. Does it not cause by trace level?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please go through below SAP Notes:

862     Reduce size of system log file

16513   File system is full - what do I do?

45580   How are syslog files deleted?

Asad

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

These files are work process trace files, this has nothing to do with the system log.

You can restrict these file growth using instance parameter rdisp/TRACE_LOGGING as stated in the here under note.

Check also the value of instance parameter rdisp/TRACE as stated in note 112 - Trace and error information in the "dev_" files

Regards

573800 - Reasons for trace files increasing in size

How can I prevent trace files that are increasing in size from filling the hard disk and causing the system to shut down?

- Reset the trace files (as described as Section 1 of note 532918).

- Set the "rdisp/TRACE_LOGGING = on, 10 m" profile parameter

Answers (0)