cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generating a PDF in Agentry (only for Windows CE devices)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible to create a PDF document on the fly in Agentry based on data that resides on the device. In our case we only use Windows CE mobile devices.

We currently use Syclo Sales Manager 2.5 and we have a need to pass the data from Syclo Sales manager app to an external application like Adobe PDF. I went through Agentry SDK where it talks about sending data via ActiveX controls , but does not have any samples to invoke an activex control.

Can somebody point me in the right direction of how i can achieve this.

Thanks,

Vasanthi

Tags edited by: Michael Appleby

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vasanthi,

If you require to get sample for Agentry ActiveX, then install Agentry SDK. It gives a sample of Agentry ActiveX and Agentry External Process.

Regards,

Sahil Dudeja

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

The SDK will only give you the framework for creating an Active X control.  You will still need to find the necessary libraries / api that will proivde the capability to generate the PDF.

The question I would ask is what are you going to do with the PDF once you generate it?  If you are just going to send it back to the serer then you could have the Agentry server generate the PDF before attaching or sending to the backend.

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bill,

I'm looking for a solution that works for offline scenario as well.

We currently plan to get customer signature along with barcode information prior to transmitting data to the back-end. However customer wants to see all the information in a document prior to affixing his/her signature. In a online scenario i agree with you , the PDF generation can be handled by the backend or agentry server. Customers do not want to affix their signature for something they have not signed up for. Hope you understand what i mean here.

Regards,

Vasanthi

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

In that case you need to look for both a pdf generator and a pdf viewer as a windows ce device won't handle rendering out of the box.

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bill,

Is activeX still the right path to tread if i need to generate the PDF and dispay it ?

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Active X is probably the right path.  It will depend on what API/library you find for generation of the PDF.  In terms of display, again, it may be the righrt path but you may also opt for letting an existing 3rd party app handle the viewing (like acrobat reader or similar) in which case you could simply call a command line action to view the PDF after it was created.

Please let us know what path you take as I am curious about your use case.

--Bill