cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWDI CTS Owner Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys, I´m trying to set my NWDI activity into a transport via Transport Organizer UI but I have an issue with my activity owner.  The activity was created with the NWDI user Administrator, when I try to select/create a CTS transport from Transport Organizer UI, the user is mapped as "Administato" with no R, obviously the user "Administrato" is not the same in NWDI and in the CTS transport system, how I can do in order to release my activity in a CTS transport !?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

great . . . . I create a user in ABAP system called "Administrato" and it matches ... Why !?!!? Anyway.... solved

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

now the id are same, of course it will work

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jun Wu, thanks for your "positive" feedbacks but I think you will never understand the problem as you can´t understand "Administrato" will never be the same as "Administrator", imagine that I could sign into my sdn account with a "SXXXXXXM" when my user ID is "SXXXXXXT", crazy isn´t !?

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i think you don't understand it

abap only recognize the first 12 characters.if i am not wrong

so for abap when Administrator comes in, it will considered as Administrato

Former Member
0 Kudos

Right ! you get my point, that really is a pointless owner ID check in both systems if you consider you could have Administrator001, Administrator002 in one system and it will be treated as "Administrato" in the other system.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ID is too long for abap system.

just change to another id.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jun Wu, thanks for your reply, I know that the Id is too long for the ABAP system, the thing is that I don´t know how to change de owner of the NWDI activity in order to set an ABAP user.

Let´s say that I want to change the owner of the NWDI activity to "xxx" user and be able to create a CTS transport with the same ABAP user "xxx", or is there a way to relate a NWDI activity of user "Administrator" with a created CTS transport of other ABAP user !?

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it is just a test, next time can't u use another user to perform?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jun Wu, yes I change the user in the new developments but I have many old activities with this problem, until today I´m not able to create a CTS transport with the user "Administrator" or change the NWDI activity to other user in order to create a CTS transport with the same owner, if the owners are not the same in both systems I can´t relate the activity to a CTS transport, isn´t !?

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

try use other user to release the activity

I never used CTS+, for me it is very much useless