Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update manager in IdM automatically when the manager changes in SAP HR

former_member297605
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I have been given a requirement where the manager of a user in IdM should be updated automatically when the manager changes in SAP HR.

The HR extraction job is currently in place and runs every 30mins.

Please could you give me some ideas on how to implement this.

IDM 7.2 SP 6

Thanks

Ran

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

deepakkg86
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ran,

When you run HR extraction job, Make sure in the Query which you selected has below field selected:

After doing mapping when you run the job next time, IDM will update the manager with Write HCM user pass in Attribute: MX_FS_PERNR_IS_MANAGER

Let me know if this helps.

Regards

Deepak Gupta

former_member297605
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Deepak I'll try this and let you know how it goes

former_member297605
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak

I'm a bit new to Idm and lost at the moment

Please could you let me know how to get to the screen you have indicated.

The extract job uses program RPLDAP_EXTRACT_IDM with a variant.

This program uses query LDAP_IDM_QUERY from user group /SAPQUERY/L1.

Do i need to check the BADIs HRPAD00INFTY, HRPAD00INFTYDB  HRBAS00INFTY? If so, what transactions should I use to check them? SE18?

Please could you provide some steps and screenshots if possible.

Thanks

Ran

deepakkg86
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ranjit,

The screen which I sent is from SQVI Tcode , Where you try to change the field selection for the query being used to extract data.

Step by step process is explained in link: https://help.sap.com/saphelp_tm90/helpdata/en/9d/2f24d7586c4687a1b3340c2e0c0c9c/content.htm?frameset...

If you want to enable Delta then you need to activate the BADI's as you mentioned and the same you can activate in SE18.

Let me know in case you need any further information.

Regards

Deepak Gupta

former_member297605
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Deepak.... I checked it and appears the it has the required selection. I will test this with the client and get back to you if I need more help.

Thanks heaps.

Ranjit

former_member297605
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak

I have been discussing this a bit more in detail with the client. So, the issue is as follows

• When a new/replacement manager is hired
  • When people are moved from one org unit to another

The scheduled extraction job (RPLDAP_EXTRACT_IDM with a variant with the delta tick on) does not update the new manager info in IDM for the relevant users who report to that manager. The client has to run the program (RPLDAP_EXTRACT_IDM with a variant with the delta tick off) manually each time for the affected users which updates the manager info successfully in idm.

I investigated the query LDAP_IDM_QUERY from user group /SAPQUERY/L1 and want to know if the below should be ticked as well. Your thoughts please?

Please advise.

Thanks

Ranjit

former_member297605
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak

Please could you let me know your thoughts on my earlier response.

Thanks

Ranjit

0 Kudos

Hi Ranjit,

Ideally you can think of writing a Modify event task on the Manager attribute and have your own script do the required modification.

Hope this helps...

Regards,

Karthik

former_member297605
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik

Thanks for your response.

Will this work with what I have described in the above communications since the manager changes occur in SAP HR.

I'm quite new to IdM, would really appreciate if you could provide me more details on your proposed solution. Some screenshots would be very helpful.

Thanks again for your time.

Ranjit

0 Kudos

Hi Ranjit,

When you do the periodic extracts from HR system and into IDM, you can write event and call jobs when the data of a specific attribute changes during this extraction process. So in your cse, when the Manager changes during one of these extracts, the system identifies the change and can call your custom job to execute when this occurs. You can select any attrbute and the properties under the same will give option to trigger on ADD, MODIFY and DELETE

I do not have a system to provide the screenshots for you. Hope this explanation suffice.

Regards,

Karthik

deepakkg86
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ranjit,

After manager changes in HR system, do you see the entry for the personal number in Table: HRLDAP_PERNR

This is table from where delta records are picked up, I guess manager field changes are not configured to add entries in table HRLDAP_PERNR , Please have a check with any ABAP'er to debug the BADI's

Ideally if its happening with full load then Delta should also do the job.

Regards

Deepak Gupta

former_member297605
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Karthik..... I think the issue is the manager changes in the SAP HR org structure is not being picked by the extracts. But thanks a lot for your idea.

former_member297605
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Deepak, I'll check that. While I was testing yesterday the full load (i.e. without delta) it was picking up the manager for some and for some it wasn't - strange - but I did not check the HRLDAP_PERNR table. I could not make the connection as to why it was doing this and was wondering if it was something to do with the pa20 or po13 master data for those users.

But I will check the table and come back.

Thanks

Ranjit

former_member297605
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak..... I had a look at HRLDAP_PERNR for one of the users (see below) and does this mean the manager change fields are not configured to add entries in table HRLDAP_PERNR . Please advise.

former_member190695
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ran,

Have you found a solution for this issue?

Regards,

Ridouan

former_member297605
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi think it got resolved with SP9

former_member190695
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ran,

The BAdI HRBAS00INFTY was not active in the backend.

Regards,

Ridouan