cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to fetch data to tables frm r/3

Former Member
0 Kudos

I m having one more doubt. i hope i will get answer for my question also.

In webdynpro(JAVA) i have created a model. Let us essume dat table also employee_getlist only. in my first screen i dont hav any input fields. i just hav one table. i wants to fetch data directly ot the table frm backend without performing any operation. whne i hav been run da application i should get data on table frm backend. gimme sme sample code also. plz

Thanks SDN GURU's,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Renushree,

You don't need to perform any operation to get the data into the table. If your RFC is returning that then, you can simply call the "Execute_RFC" method in the init() of your view to fill the data into the table.

In your view just insert the table and bind the data source and then right click on the Table UI element and then do the Create Binding.

Regards,

Jhansi

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Renu

If ur RFC is returning the data then u don't need to write code for it. You can just add a Table UI element to ur first screen,right click on it and click on properties to get the property window,map the datasource property to the model node.Right click on the table,click on Insert Column to get columns added to ur table then right click on column ,click on Insert Table Cell editor and select the TextView option to insert table cell editor.Now in the properties window of Table cell editor map the Text property with the model nodes model attribute.

Call the executeRFC method in the init method of your view.

wdThis.wdGetEmp_CompController().executeRFC();

Write the method in the controller like this

Your RFC Name_Input objRFC = null;

try

{

//Instantiation of model object

objRFC = new Your RFC Name_Input

wdContext.nodeYour RFC Name_Input(). bind(objRFC );

//Set the import parameters

wdContext.current Your RFC Name_InputElement().modelObject().setImportParameters("");

wdContext.currentYour RFC Name_InputElement().modelObject().execute();

}

Catch(Exception e)

{}

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

U can call the execute method in the custom controller init method or View Init method.

Once you get the model into your customcontroller u can register the custom controller into viewcontroller and getting the nodes into view context.

And goto the View and apply template and create the Table by using the existing node.

Goto the init method of the View controller and add the following code.

FNModule_Input input = new FNModule_Input();

wdContext.nodeFNModule_Input().bind(input);

// If you have input sent it otherwise no need to send ..... pass the input

input.setZ_Kunnr("0000000001");

try {

wdContext.currentFNModule_InputElement().modelObject().execute();

wdContext.nodeOutput().invalidate();

} catch (WDDynamicRFCExecuteException e) {

// TODO Auto-generated catch block

e.printStackTrace();

}

//Exception in catching the Error

catch (WDDynamicRFCExecuteException e){

wdComponentAPI.getMessageManager().reportException(e.getMessage(),false);

}

Thanks,

Lohi.

former_member189631
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Renushree,

I suggest, You can call Ur Bapi Excute function in the init method.

Init method is a method which is called first. So if u place ur Bapi Execution code or Excution call in init method it will run automatically.

Regards,

Ramganesan K.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi renu,

if you already created a model, using Adaptive RFC and in that BAPI if table already exist, then fetching the same is very simple

just take a table UI element in your view, and bind it to the table context (model node)

with out any action when the screen displays, then only you want to display the table..... right? just write the simple code in wdDoInit() method.

wdThis.wdGetXXXcontroller().executeXX();

Pradeep

do reward points if it helps or solve