cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goods Receipt w/ref. to inbound delivery can not be reversed....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

My clients wants to reverse Goods Receipt document which it was created with reference to an inbound delivery. Previously the inbound delivery was created with reference to a PO, the ID generated several HU and TOs that were confirmed.

Now he wants to cancel the Goods Receipt posting but the problem is that the quants created in the TOs have changed the storage bin destination, so I really dont know how coudl he handle this process.....indeed he also wants to cancel de ID.....

What do you think that could be the correct procedure???

Thanks!!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member318507
Active Participant
0 Kudos
former_member182609
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the stock moved to different location after your goods receipt then you can not cancel the Inbound delivery.In this case you need to use an option to return the stock either 161 or 102 to return the stock.

If you use 102 movement to cancel the items then it will create a delivery  to return the goods.In the delivery you can assign handling units.

mihailo_sundic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are facing an error while doing GR cancellation please post the exact message you are getting.

I see you have HU managed location involved in process, what is your setting for TO creation, before GR or after GR?

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sil,

Reverse the Inbound delivery using VL09, this will create a negative Quant in 902, then use LT01 to move the stock from the warehouse to destination storage type 902

e.g

@ the time of Putaway stock is in Bin-001, later on you moved it to BIN-99 so in the LT01 screen enter the source bin as Storage type of BIN -99 and storage bin as BIN-99   then destination STORAGE TYPE 902 / STORAGE BIN-  PO Number (check the negative Quant detail using LX02)

This will adjust the negative quant with positive value from warehouse bin(in this case Bin-99)

pablo_marn
Active Participant
0 Kudos

That's correct if you want to cancel the whole Inbound Delivery. However, sometimes it's not necessary to cancel it completely (for example, just one ítem).

In that case, you can use MIGO and post a 102 movement type (but you will have to pick the HUs manually)

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pablo,

Yes you are right you can use MIGO to cancel the individual line item however you can do the same in VL09 also by selecting the individual material document

Please have a look on the below post which was provided by me in one of the earlier thread

Delivery with multiple line item, reversal required for one line item

Now you can have a scenario where you are having 4 line item in the delivery and you want to reverse only one, in this scenario you can use the VL09 with material document option, system will display all the possible material document for the IBD reverse the respective Material document as per your requirement and then use the TO view of LT0G to reverse the particular line item

pablo_marn
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

I know this option, but if there is just one material document with several positions, you will not be able to cancel just one of them via VL09.

That's why I suggest to use MIGO for partial cancellations.