cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Resource related billing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have a requirement related to service related billing. We are going with basic configuration of SD and need to bill the service professionals in the manner mentioned below.

Designation/Material CodeNo. Of personnelHoursPrice per HourTotal
Sr. Manager11050500
Associate Manager21040800
Assistant Manager31030900
Developer41020800

I am thinking of defining the Designation as material code. If Hours is my unit of measure then how can i incorporate the no.of personnel ??

Please help we are not planning to go for WBS elements or HR Module. Please suggest any solution using basic SD settings.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In Sales Order, there is only one Quantity field to calculate the net value.

If Customer interests in billing on Hourly basis, let him use cumulative hours by combining same designated people. Continue with Material Master with UoM as HR.

If he interests in billing on Personnel basis, Keep Material Master UoM as EA & bill the customer on Personnel basis.

If still you want to have 2 different base value for total calculation, add Z-field in Sales Order Item level as No. of Personnel & Keep Material Master UoM as HR to mention the Hours. Define New access sequence to calculate the total by considering the HR, No. of Personnel & Per UoM price. You have assign Access sequence in the Condition types.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhir

You will follow Mr. Narendra process, after that go to Order to billing process

create Contract  (VA41) reference this contract create billing document (VF01)

Christin B

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What Sr manager,associate manager ,assistant manger and developer  will do to charge price per hour ?

Note: Your requirement is not clear to me.

BR's,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narendra,

I will try to explain it a bit more clear. There is a requirement to bill for a project handled by few individuals ie, a software project is handled by a Sr.Manager, associate managers and few developers. The billing to client will be a hour based billing. There are different rates he will be paying based on the designation. Hence we are treating Designation as material code and hours as unit of measure.

Please ask me if you need any more clarifications.

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In this case,create materials Sr manager,associate manager ,assistant manger and developer  with dein material type and create one separate sales doc.type and assign tad item category to it.Now create sales order and maintain that materials and maintain quantity ( the quantity would act as persons ).

Kindly let me know if you have any doubts.

BR's,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, your approach suites us for some extent. But the billing is based on hours / Days... each designation per hours "X" amount. In this case i need to capture both hours and number of persons.

At this point we are stuck.