cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

execute workflow workitems from New workflow center within PPM ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

How could we execute the workflow workitems from the new workflow center within the PPM Application ? Attempting to execute the workitems results in a window to change the portolios or hierachies, nothing else i could see there.

Thanks in advance for any hints

LS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

still working on it. No success so far.

Will update it here as soon as i could solve it.

Regards

LS.

ravi_ekambaram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Linda,

Can you elaborate your query further?

And if possible attach some screenshots.

Regards,
Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

As you can see there are two workflow centers, i would like to use the new one but it seems like the workitems can not be executed within this new workflow center. Can you suggest someting. The requirement is to make the users able to execute the workitems without sap gui or sbwp.

Regards

LS

ravi_ekambaram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Linda,

I see this problem as authorisation role-menu maintenance issue.

Identify the authorisation role where this menu is maintained and add proper node details to "new workflow center'. You can take reference of any standard authorisation role where workflow center is maintained.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Thanks for the link. I already went through the thread 2152854 but not sure what the correct values of the parameters should be and how to maintain the values within the role.

within the note its written to activate the service at the given path : default_host -> sap -> bc -> workflow -> nwbc -> workflow_powl

but there is no service at this path. what i have is /default_host/sap/bc/workflow and then two services shortcut and workflow_api. Any hints in this regard please.

Thanks

LS

ravi_ekambaram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Linda,

There are 2 things you need to do here..

1) Activate the SICF service 'Workflow_powl' (Path - default_host -> sap -> bc -> workflow -> nwbc -> workflow_powl)

Ask your basis team to do this activation.

2) Create a Z role using the SAP delivered role 'SAP_BC_BMT_WFM_NWBC_END_USER' and update authorisations/profile creation and assign it to a test user.

After completion of these 2 steps, if you login using test user you will be see the menu & inbox as shown in the screenshots.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi.

I can see the Workitems but the problem is that i cannot execute the work items from this new workflow center. Where i could maintain the navigation so that when execute workitem is clicked it should do the right navigation.

i see the following thread more relevant to my problem where he had enered the Task ids in the navigation.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/2152854

The problem that i am having currently is that if i try to enter the OBN within the role, i am 

being asked to enter the above mentioned details, which i am not sure about what could i write here. If i write here my BOR object and one method of it then how does it make sense to execute any work item.

I repeat my objective : i simply want to execute the work items in the new Worklow work center, i could see the work items but could not execute them.

Thanks

ravi_ekambaram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Linda,

I have no idea on this part..Sorry for that.

May be you can post this query in 'NWBC' or 'Business workflow' space.

Regards,

Ravi