Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Implement transaction variant as per sales order document type

gongpeilin
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

i would like to implement the transaction variant for T-code:VA01 as per sales document type,

below is my steps:

1) Using the T-code SHDO to create the transaction variant for T-code:VA01 .

*if i apply this transaction variant to standard T-code: VA01 , it will work.  So i assume the transaction variant what i create is correct.

2) Go to T Code VOV8, check order type and go to details, under "Transaction flow"  and assign the transaction variant that i have created just now.

I go to T-code:VA01 and typing the related Order Type to test and it will not work.
From menu--system--status, i also can not see any variant assigned to this T-code.

Any suggestion?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The steps look correct to me (except it's SHD0). I'd check if the variant was created/activated correctly and if you're testing in another client then make sure the config changes were copied there. Also would log off / log on just for the heck of it.

I doubt you'll see it in the system status.

gongpeilin
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,
Thanks for reply.
1) I think the variant what i created is correct due to it is working if i apply it to the standard T-code:V01; VA02.

2) I didn't go and active it due to i will apply this variant via VOV8.
3)I am testing in the same client.
4) I also try to log off and log in again, but the result is the same.
5) You mean i will didn't see the variant in system status if assigning the variant via VOV8 ?

Thanks.

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

GONG PEILIN wrote:

1) I think the variant what i created is correct due to it is working if i apply it to the standard T-code:V01; VA02.

2) I didn't go and active it due to i will apply this variant via VOV8.

Now I'm totaly confused... What do you mean "apply it to the standard T-code" and "didn't go and active it"?

From what I see, there is no field for the transaction variant in the system status, so you'd be seeing only the transaction code (which would still be the standard transaction).

To clarify - SHD0 creates a transaction variant (which must be active to work). In VOV8 you assign this transaction variant to the order type. After that is done, when you run VA01 with this order type, you should see the fields as per variant created in SHD0 and assigned in VOV8. E.g. if you made a field output-only, for example, in the variant then that's what you should see. I doubt there will be any other indication that the variant was applied.

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check once again that ,to which order type ,you have assigned that variant and with which order type you are creating a sales order.

Kindly let me know if you need any further help on this.

BR's,

Naren

gongpeilin
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for reply.

Yes, i can sure i assigned the variant to the order type i will use to create the sales order.

thanks.