Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System not allowing to save Vendor Master without CIN

former_member650819
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to enter only PAN details in Vendor master, that is entered in XK02. After entering the details, we want to come out and save the details, but system doesnot allow to save. It is asking to enter all the details in CIN,

like CST No.,

LST No.,

Ser.Reg.No,

ECC No.

Excise Reg. No.

Excise Range

Excise Division

Commissionerate

Type of Vendor

Exc.Ind.Vendor

SSI status etc.

I dont want to enetr these details when its not required for us. Kindly suggest how to correct this settings.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

To inactive CIN tab in Vendor master is not advisable, if your business enter CIN details in XK01.

If u enter CIN details in J1ID T-code, then u can.

If it is restricting you, then you can just put "." in each field and move.

former_member650819
Participant
0 Kudos

We want to enter only PAN number in XK01/ XK02. But the system is not allowing us to save until we enter all the details.

Its not necessary that all Vendors will have CS, LST no. or Excise details. This is the reason I am looking for a way how to make these fields optional and I am fine with it as long as system does not give any error. Because system is not allowing us to save the Vendor master, I wanted to deactivate CIN in Vendor Master.

Kindly suggest how to make the CIN fields optional. Your temporary solution (DOT) is working fine, still we want a permanent solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If u want to deactivate the CIN tab for particular user then you remove * for that user id in the following path.

SPRO-Logistic general- Tax on good movement- India- Master data-Assign Users to Material Master Screen Sequence for Excise Duty

Then select User screen reference and choose u r user-id and remove *. Then save.

So next time if u want to maintain the CIN details for a particular vendor, then in can use J1ID transaction and select vendor excise node.

former_member650819
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have already checked this option, however, the system does not display the CIN tab, but when I am trying to save, the same error shows. Hence this wont work.

Please Enter Required CIN Details

Message no. 00398

Diagnosis

Placeholder for batch input error text, this message is not output.

Former Member
0 Kudos

check any enhancement is done for vendor master

former_member650819
Participant
0 Kudos

There is a User Exit created for this. Can I create a variant in SHD0 for the XK02 T Code?

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes. You can create it as per your requirement.

If required discuss with your abaper and modify the user exit as per your requirement.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just check whether you have done any enhancement in Vendor Master screen to make the said fields mandatory. In general the said fields will be optional only.

Also let us know the error message you are getting in Vendor master screen alongwith its Message application area, number and description.

former_member650819
Participant
0 Kudos

Please find the error details when I am trying to save the Vendor Master in XK02.

Also, kindly suggest if I can inactivate this CIN in Vendor master, so that atleast I can finish my work without entering CIN details.

Message no. 00398

Diagnosis

Placeholder for batch input error text, this message is not output.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vijay,

Firstly where in XK02 you are entering the PAN detail ?

Is you CIN Detail Tab is activate in XK02 ? And if  you are entering the data in CIN detail tab only and getting the same error then do  SU53 their and check whether you  have authorisation or not.

Or if you CIN detail tab is not activated then first activate it T- code "OMT3E" in user screen reference.

Regards

Gaurav Maheshwari