cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Syetem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

what is the exact definition of business system and busniess component in sap pi?

what is the difference ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

vishal1889
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

It's always good if you do a search in SDN first, there are lot of threads already present with answer to your question and if you still have a doubt you can always start a new thread.

For now you can refer to below links:

help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi711/helpdata/en/48/ced2cf18d3424be10000000a421937/content.htm

Regards

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Vishal,

I have already seen those threads in SDN. I didnt understand so i posted this thread. Can u please expalin in detail iam confused with their defintions.

Regards

Swetha

vishal1889
Active Participant
0 Kudos

ok, so the basic description is :

for a Business System you need to define it in your System Landscape Directory and then import it in your Integration Directory you must have an underlying technical system for a Business System and hence should have technical details of that system maintained in the SLD.

Now for Business Component you need no underlying details in the SLD and can directly create it in the Integration Directory.

Similarity :

Both act as communication Component.

Difference:

1) For Business System you can define the transport targets in the SLD which helps to transform  its name when an object (say communication Channel) is transported.

e.g. If you have a Business System names BS_ERP_Sender_Dev for dev system and want it to automatically change to BS_ERP_Sender_Prd when the transport moves to production environment, it can be done by setting BS_ERP_Sender_Prd as transport target for BS_ERP_Sender_Dev in SLD. Which is not possible in the case of Business Component.

2) Generally as practice you define a communication component as a Business System when it is present within your landscape and if it a third party system(out side your landscape) it is created as a Business Component.

Let me know if this clarifies your doubt, or explain in which area you have a doubt.

Regards

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Vishal,

I have a doubt for suppose if we send a message through business sytem communication channel it reaches to the recieiver because we have already defined the techincal system details in SLD.  But i didnt understand how the communication channel in business component determines the receiver.

Regards,

Swetha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swetha,

In case of Business component, you would have to provide the technical details in the communication channel which you would create under your business component.

Regards,

Akshay

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI ,

If R/3 is installed on one machine(Development server) and this R/3 has multiple clients( like 100 , 200, 300 ) on the same system. Then the system is called as Technical system and multiple Clients are called as Business Systems.

Hope you got it now.

Thanks and regards,

Vijay vikram

Bhargavakrishna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Swetha,

Business systems are logical systems which acts as a sender and receiver in PI. we can create multiple business systems under one technical systems. we create business systems in SLD and import in ID if we have the system details.Business system is assigned to software component.

Business Systems - System Landscape Directory - SAP Library

Business Component is also a logical system which acts as sender and receiver in PI.we create business component directly in ID, when we don't have the system details.Business component is not assigned to Software Component Version, so you have to add Service Interfaces manually to it, in order to be able to use them in Sender or Receiver Agreement. Moreover, BC cannot be used in Integration Directory in order to generate Integration Scenario for ESR model - you have to create all objects manually.

Business Component - Integration Directory - SAP Library

Regards

Bhargava Krishna

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Swetha,

In wide way you can consider a business system like a system that you have defined in the SLD with all its physical characteristics and business component a logical system that you haven't defined in anyplace.

Regards,