Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add/Delete elements from viewcontaineruielement in web dynpro abap

former_member201541
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Please let me know how to Add/Delete elements from viewcontaineruielement in web dynpro abap? I have copied a viewcontaineruielement from another program and now i dont want few elements from that viewcontaineruielement in my view. Please guide

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have copied a viewcontaineruielement from another program

You meant another Web dynpro component? View container UI element is a place holder for Views, If you want to add or remove the UI elements inside VC UI, then you have to add/remove the UI elements in the embedding View of the VC UI.

Regards,

Kiran

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I understood that you are embedding an existed component view in another component and you don't want to delete UI elements from your existed component.

what you can do is try to pass some flag from your component to existed component and do some coding to hide the UI elements which wont cause any damage to existed application and also solves your requirement. this is the only way we control UI elements when we don't want to do changes for a different component view which might have used in many places.

Regards.

Kranthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anikya

if you are able to add visibilty context to both views, you can use this with little coding .

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajinkya,

I have copied a viewcontaineruielement from another program and now i dont want few elements from that viewcontaineruielement in my view. Please guide

Have you saved that VC element as template and using that template in another component?.If so,on resuing that VC element template it populates all the screen elements which you've save as template.

Now, select that VC element which you've re-used,based on you're requirement add/remove UI elements as Kiran suggested.

Hope it will resolve your issue.

Thanks

KH