SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FM Area Assignment To multiple Company Codes

former_member220526
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

What are the steps required for extending Funds Management to other company codes? there are 10 company codes and only for one FM is being configured at the first place but now the requirement is to extend it to all 10 company codes. as per my under standing i will have to assign the same FM area to all company codes. company code assignment in related master data will be changed as per new company codes. am i right? please guid me through the process.

Regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Hi it depends on your settings. Try and assign company code to FM area. If you don't use accounting codes (TR_ACC_CODE) and other checks are also OK, the system would allow you to do so. In this case, you would have to generate FM documents for your company codes. In order to do this, you will have to provide the documents with FM assignment via FMCN transaction. Then, you have to generate the documents with FMCT transaction. Of course, it's a serious exercise and should be tested first.

Regards,

Eli

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Hi it depends on your settings. Try and assign company code to FM area. If you don't use accounting codes (TR_ACC_CODE) and other checks are also OK, the system would allow you to do so. In this case, you would have to generate FM documents for your company codes. In order to do this, you will have to provide the documents with FM assignment via FMCN transaction. Then, you have to generate the documents with FMCT transaction. Of course, it's a serious exercise and should be tested first.

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

same chart of account is being used for all 10 company codes plus commitment items are generic for all company codes the only change i think we will be needing to make is the company code assignment in fund center this will ensure that accurate commitments are derived during postings. or should i leave the company code assignment blank too in Fund center master? we will use the same derivation strategy and FM area for all company codes. am i right in this scenario and will this work?

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

First of all, as I said, check if the system allows you just assigning FM area to these company codes. As I noticed, there are certain situation where this action will not be allowed. If, however, the answer is positive, realization of this scenario depends on your business requirements. You will use fund centres in the way you wish and there derivation could be mastered from FMDERIVE. I.e. if you would like to create fund centres for each company codes, you will be able to deviate the transactions towards them with a simple derivation rule.

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

HI,

Yes the system does allow to assign one FM area to several company codes and its already been assigned in Enterprise Structure-->Assignment-->Financial Accounting-->Assign Company Code To Financial Management Area.. so its all good here. now for the derivation rules to work Properly i will need to assign the Derivation Strategy to all Company codes in FM-DERIVE. right?

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you have single derivation strategy, no assignment to company codes is required. Otherwise, yes, you have to assign it.

0 Kudos

thank you so much for your help Eli,