Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem to assign my SolMan 7.1 in the corresponding logical component

benoit-schmid
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am running SolMan 7.1 SPS 11.

I would like to assign my SolManSID to the logical component SAP Solution Manager 7.1.

I perform the following.

SM_Workcenter
-> Solution Manager Administration
-> Landscape
-> Logical Component

-> Search *manager*

The only Logical Component that is returned is  SAP SOLUTION MANAGER 7.0 EHP 1.

There is no SAP SOLUTION MANAGER 7.1.

Therefore how should I proceed to add my SolManSID to the logical component SAP Solution Manager 7.1?

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Benoit,

I handle Logical Components at SAP for solman 7.1 Sps10 and above as a primary contact. So this answer is as real as it can get. Open LMDB transaction, Go to the standard Logical Component, SAP SOLUTION MANAGER and open it in edit mode. Click on Maintain button, now a popup opens, you will see there is a button called proposal. click on that, and you will get a list of product instances. Select the ABAP product instance for Solution Manager 7.1 by clicking on the checkbox. close the popup and press on save.

That should give you the standard SAP Solution Manager Logical Component with Solution manager 7.1 product instance. There is no other way 🙂

Best Regards,
Mayank

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Benoit,

you can create as many logical component for your system as required

if you have done the managed system configuration in solman_Setup for solution manager it should be there so you can check there.

other wise simply goto LMDB

choose logical component tab and create one for you

Managing Logical Components - Managing System Landscape Information - SAP Library

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-31228

Thanks

Prakhar

benoit-schmid
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Prakhar Saxena wrote:

HI Benoit,

you can create as many logical component for your system as required

if you have done the managed system configuration in solman_Setup for solution manager it should be there so you can check there.

other wise simply goto LMDB

choose logical component tab and create one for you

Managing Logical Components - Managing System Landscape Information - SAP Library

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-31228

Thanks

Prakhar

I do not want to create a new logical component.

I would like to assign my system to an existing standard SAP one.

Why would I reinvent what SAP provides?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

You always should create a new logical component. Normally, this is done by SOLMAN_SETUP in one of the first steps.

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Benoit,

I think you are mis understanding the concept of logical component kindly read the links I have shared

you need to create them ..and that is why when you run solman_setup managed system wizard/basic configuration... this is intial steps because it forms the base of

Projects

and

Solution

hope this clarifies

Thanks

Prakhar

benoit-schmid
Contributor
0 Kudos

Heelo,

Daniel Lippmann wrote:

You always should create a new logical component. Normally, this is done by SOLMAN_SETUP in one of the first steps.

I guess you are referring to the following:

"You can change the assignment of product instances of SAP-delivered logical components as well as for logical components that were created by the user, however, we recommend that you avoid using SAP-delivered logical components. Instead, create your own logical component starting with Z or Y."

As you said, I should but it is not mandatory.

This is why I was wondering why I could not.

In order to avoid pain, I will follow the recommendation.

Would you know why SAP recommends not to use the provided logical components?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are still not able to proceed then you can do following alternative,

1. Goto transaction -> SMSY --> You will find "System Groups and Logical Components" tab.

2.  Click on tab "System Groups and Logical Components".

3. Expand "Logical Component" tree option.

4. You will find "SAP SOLUTION MANAGER". Expand that tree.

5. Select/ expand "Solution Manager ABAP Stack", there you will see the logical component for solution manager. Click on that. (Its product version should be SAP SOLUTION MANAGER 7.1)

6. Select Edit option and assign your solman SID to it.

Thanks & Regards,

Prav

benoit-schmid
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Prav D wrote:

1. Goto transaction -> SMSY --> You will find "System Groups and Logical Components" tab.

2.  Click on tab "System Groups and Logical Components".

3. Expand "Logical Component" tree option.

4. You will find "SAP SOLUTION MANAGER". Expand that tree.

5. Select/ expand "Solution Manager ABAP Stack", there you will see the logical component for solution manager. Click on that. (Its product version should be SAP SOLUTION MANAGER 7.1)

6. Select Edit option and assign your solman SID to it.

This forwards to the windows that I have mentioned originally:

Logical Component Editor:

http://xxx:yyy/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/lmdb_wda_expl_oif?FRW_MODE=C&LC_NAME=SAP%20SOLUTION%20MANAGER&MA...

Then nothing can be entered in

Product System Selection (Required for Compatibility).

Then I can not save.

Regards,

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

If you need to create a new logical component , you have to create a new logical component. What is the reason you don't want to do it?

Best regards,

Miguel Ariño

benoit-schmid
Contributor
0 Kudos

Miguel Angel Arino Clarke wrote:

Hello,

If you need to create a new logical component , you have to create a new logical component. What is the reason you don't want to do it?

Best regards,

Miguel Ariño

I repeat I wanted to answer the following questions:

1. I do not want to create a new logical component.

I would like to assign my system to an existing standard SAP one.

Why would I reinvent what SAP provides?

2. Would you know why SAP recommends not to use the provided logical components?

Regards,

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Benoit,

You cannot find the logical component in your system. For whatever reason, it is just not there.

So, using the 'standard SAP logical component' is probably not an option based on your description.

There are many situations where you have to create a logical component. For example: standard SAP ERP 6.0 logical components are based on product instance SAP ECC Server. But if your system is based on , say, SAP SEM instance, or it is a Java XSS (Self Services) system, then you need to create new logical components. In these cases, where there is no matching logical component, it is not a random recommendation. It is necessary to create logical components.

I think this answers both your questions.

Best regards,

Miguel Ariño

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In addition to Miguel's reply above, would like to mention that it's better to create Z components for easier maintenance of the logical components in future Landscapes, Projects, Solutions etc.

A typical example is when you have upgraded your system to a higher version. At this time the logical component associated with the system needs to be removed from all projects/solutions assignment and perhaps deleted as its not required anymore. Now if you have a Z logical component, its easier to delete as compared to using a standard SAP logical component.

Regards,

Srikishan

Former Member
0 Kudos
benoit-schmid
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Prav D wrote:

Hi,

Check sapnote : 1850819

Also go through following url :

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-49413

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm71_sp10/helpdata/en/7a/96449e84b74121a323dcfdc8e2a7be/content.htm?fram...

Thanks & regards,

Prav

1. SAP Note 1850819 was read but nothing helped me solving my problem.

2. DIc-49413 does not apply has I would like to make a new assignment.

3. Even after reading the help I could not make my assignment. The only proposed logical component does not contain Solution Manager 7.1

as I have described above.

Please answer my question or provide me the exact sequences to perform if you would like to help me.

Regards,