Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused about versions in portal and NWDI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here is the scenario:

My Portal is on 7.02 SP11. when i check the http://<hostname>:<portno>/monitoring/ComponentInfo, i see the following are the versions

SAP-EU – 7.02 SP11

SAP-JEE  - 7.02 SP11

SAP-JEECOR – 7.02 SP11

SAP_ESS – 603 SP3

SAP_JTECHF – 7.02 SP11

SAP_JTECHS – 7.02 SP11

SAP_MSS – 600 SP14

SAP_PPCUI_GP – 603 SP2

I log into my NWDI(CMS – Transport Studio – Check in tab), click on track for Ess/Mss, i find the following details:

sap.com_SAP-EU – Release 7.00 SP14

sap.com_SAP_JEE – Release 7.00 SP14

sap.com_SAP_ESS – Release 603 SP 3

sap.com_SAP_JTECHS – Release 7.00 SP14

sap.com_SAP_MSS – Release 600 SP14

sap.com_SAPPCUI_GP – Release 603 SP3

Now, if i import the track from NWDI into my NWDS, customise any ESS components and deploy to my portal, would it cause any inconsistencies due to the version mismatch?

Regards,

J

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Stefan-EA
Contributor
0 Kudos

Janan,

The Check-In tab lists all the SCs that are in the CMS inbox. Go to the Development and click on Go to History to see what versions of ESS, PCUI_GP, JTECHS, JEE, etc were actually imported into the track.

Your NWDI build plugins (JTECHS, JEE, etc) need to match your portal runtime (7.02 SP11).  PCUI_GP is needs to match the version deployed as well.

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the  Development tab of the ESS track, i see the state as "Waiting for import", i cannot see SCAs for ESS, MSS components, and the rest of the SCAs are at 7.00 sp 14, while SAPPCUI_GP is at 603 sp3.

If i need to change the version in my track to the version matching my porta - 7.02.11 - how do i do that?

Regards,

J

Stefan-EA
Contributor
0 Kudos

Click in the "Go to History" tab to see what has been imported in the past.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just checked what has been imported in the past by cliking on "Go to History" tab,

I can see that the SAP-EU,EP_BUILDT,SAP-JEE,SAP_BUILDT and SAP_JTECHS are at 7.00 level 14

SAP_ESS is at 603 level3, SAP_MSS is at 600 level 14, and SAPPCUI_GP is at 603 level 3.

Regards,

J

Stefan-EA
Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP-EU,EP_BUILDT,SAP-JEE,SAP_BUILDT and SAP_JTECHS should be upgraded to 7.02 SP 11.

This can be easily done by adding these SC to the CMS inbox and then checking them in to the track.

SAPPCUI_GP is at 603 level 3 in the NWDI but at level 2 in the portal. Is this the dev portal or the production portal?

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is the production portal.

Can you please elaborate on the process for :

SAP-EU,EP_BUILDT,SAP-JEE,SAP_BUILDT and SAP_JTECHS should be upgraded to 7.02 SP 11.

This can be easily done by adding these SC to the CMS inbox and then checking them in to the track.

Regards,

J

Stefan-EA
Contributor
0 Kudos

Janan,

Download these SCs from SAP Marketplace, add them to the NWDI CMS inbox, check them in and then import them into your Development and Consolidation tabs.

You also need to resolve the SP issue with SAPPCUI_GP. You could get basis to deploy it to the portals via JSPM. Since both ESS and MSS use SAPPCUI_GP, it may be a good idea to backup the portals first and then test these applications to ensure that everything is still working.

Make sure that your NWDS is also on 7.02 SP 11.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it a good idea to create a new track with SCs to match the portal version instead of fixing the version mismatch issues in the current track?

I certainly dont want to deploy SAPPCUI_GP(version 3) component to production portal just because the NWDI is on the latest version.

We havent used NWDI in ages and dont know if the versions in NWDI track are correct or not.

i want to proceed with Production portal component versions as the reference.

Is this a good way of doing it?

Regards,

J

Stefan-EA
Contributor
0 Kudos

Janan

Creating a new track with SCs matching your portal would be a good idea.

Is your ESS in the old track already customized? If so, you can forward your existing ESS SC from the Assembled tab to the new track.

Just enure that you have enough disk space as ESS is ~500 megs.

Are you going to be updating an existing ESS DC or creating a new one? If you will be creating a new DC, you should consider adding it to a custom SC. Deploying the custom SC will be a lot quicker than deploying ESS.

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

the ESS in Old track is not customised.

I need to customise some ESS Screens and hence im creating a new track.

When i checked the ESS SC in SLD , it has the dependencies to SAP-EU,EP_BUILDT,SAP-JEE,SAP_BUILDT and SAP_JTECHS, but they are old versions (7.00 sp14)

do i need to create a new sc for ess? (that doesnt sound right at all)

can u please guide me how to create a new track with updated versions for SC - SAP-EU,EP_BUILDT,SAP-JEE,SAP_BUILDT and SAP_JTECHS?

Regards,

J

Stefan-EA
Contributor
0 Kudos

1) SLD is fine, no need to create a new SC.

2) Go to the Landscape Configurator, select the old track and click Save As to create your new track

3) Go to Transport Studio and check in the build plugins (JTECHS, etc), PCUI_GP and SAP_ESS

4) Import the plugins, then  PCUI_GP and finally ESS. ESS will take a while to import. Make sure you have enough disk space.

5) If you have not done so already, install NWDS 7.02 SP11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much for the guidance so far....im in the process of creating a new track..

hopefully i should be able to create a new track, and check in the new SCs without any problem.

Regards,

J

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I followed the process mentioned by you, and created a new track. Im in the process of importing the SCAs, and as expected, this is taking a while.

Now, i have 8 SCAs in the Development tab of my Track,:

EP_BUILDT

SAP-EU

SAP-JEE

SAP_BUILDT

SAP_ESS

SAP_JTECHS

SAP_MSS

SAPPCUI_GP

Are these SCAs suffcient? or do i need to import some more SCAs? and how would i know which SCAs are required for the ESS MSS customisation?

Regards,

J

Stefan-EA
Contributor
0 Kudos

Take a look at the build time dependencies in the SLD for ESS, MSS, PCUIGP.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Janan,

I recommend to change the version in your track to the version that are matching to the runtime system (i.e. your 702 sp11 portal, especially that the release is 700 in your track).

Best Regards,
Ervin