cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting a Business System and related/assigned objects

former_member201275
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am PI newbie (as will soon become apparent) so first I apologise for my “simple” question.

In PI one business system has been replaced with another e.g. BS_US_1CLNT is replaced by BS_US_2CLNT. I want to delete the first business system and all its related components and links without breaking anything, preferably.

What is the best way to do this? I assume I go to the interface builder, select Object View, then select BS_US_1CLNT and open the object list. The object list consists only of communication channels so I can right click on each CC and delete? But what if these have been assigned already to Configuration Scenarios? Are there other objects/assignments I should take care of or check? Is this the right way to go about this i.e. simply right click on each CC under the BS_US_1CLNT tree and then delete?

Please help me with the steps I should take to proceed with this, and any objects etc. I should take care of.

All help greatly appreciated.

Wish you all a nice day further.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Glen,

It is not easy just to delete all the objects pointing to a certain business system, but the way to delete would be communication channels first and then the business system would be last.

When deleting a communication channel, you can see where it is used by right-clicking on it and then select the Where-Used List option. It will list the objects that uses that communication channel, namely receiver agreement (for receiver) and sender agreement (for sender).

Once you have re-created the receiver/sender agreements to use the new business system, it should now be safe to delete the channels and the sender/receiver agreements. You should also do the same with the business system, right-click it and select Where-Used List. You also need to re-create the objects that uses that business system e.g receiver det, interface det, receiver agreement (if not yet deleted), sender agreement.

Do not worry about being a newbie, everyone of us started as one

Hope this helps,

Mark

former_member201275
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your reply, very helpful.

Actually all the receiver/sender agreements etc. to the new BS have been created, so that part is easy. From what I can see everything that needs to recreated has already been done.

When I right-click on the BS or CC to get where-used list, I see links to Integrated Scenarios, and also to Configuration Scenarios. Within the Config Scenarios I can see the references to the old BS as well as the new. I assume I just delete the old reference, but not sure how?

Also, what do I do with the Integrated Scenarios linked to this BS? Can I delete these?

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Glen,

As for the integration scenario, you have to import it again from ESR and then use the new business system. Afterwards, delete the old integration scenario. The guide below is old but still helpful. It explains the creation of an IS until it gets imported to ID

As for the objects in the configuration scenario, all you have to do is to double-click each object one-by-one and then go to the delete option. Once they get deleted, you can remove them from the configuration scenario. Delete the objects in this order:

Receiver Agreement -> Sender Agreement -> Interface Determination -> Receiver Determination -> Communication Channels -> Business System/Component.

Regards,

Mark

Answers (0)