Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is This a Violation of Terms and Conditions by Creating Unfair Profiles on SCN

former_member190778
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All Seniors/Mentors/Colleagues,

Can anyone let me know that creation of unfair or unethical profiles by taking Name of SAP in one's profile name i.e MR.SAP , SAP SD etc, Is this a valid thing? If there are some rules and regulations for this, Can any one share this out with us? If yes then there are many profiles exists on SCN which can be misleading for some people or beginners like me because firstly when i saw posted material from one of that profile, i was confused for sometime that is this post done by some one from SAP Head office and i know this is not but as per my understanding and knowledge this can create a misconception in people minds mostly beginners when they saw some posting from these people. One of them I attached profile Link for your kind reference!

I will highly appreciate everyone's feedback regarding my query! Thanks.

Regards,

Suhaib Bin Aziz

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

marilyn_pratt
Active Contributor

Pseudo names should be avoided.  Transparency is what we strive for here.  See . That being said,  would also agree with that some participants prefer not to use their rightful names. It is a rather delicate balance because using a name that is harmful, disrespectful, or purposefully misleading (or even malicious mischief) will not be tolerated.  We like to trust that participants will use good sense and good etiquette.

You mentioned that the name confused you when you saw it.  But it seems you were smart to click into the profile and realize that this wasn't an official SAP profile.  We do monitor the use of our logo and trademark.  Using SAP as part of the username is a bit more complex.   Appreciate your raising the question and continuing the conversation around good behavior.

I see by your badges that you have read the engagement guidelines.  Perhaps we can suggest that the user with that pseudo name do the same.

Thanks!

Marilyn

former_member190778
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Marilyn,

First of all i would like to thanks for taking my query under your consideration. you have said well in your replying post and yes people should avoid to use those name which can be harmful or misleading for anyone. i came to know about that profile when i clicked on it that this profile is obviously not real or the person who has created this one, i don't know whats the reason behind this but my question is about using SAP names of SAP module names into one's profile should be prohibited or not? Is this thing should be avoided and its on user will that whatever user can create profile with any name either it is real or not, harmful or misleading.

Thanks for appreciating my query and behavior, though i am not that much new into SCN ocean but everyone here is to learn something new which is very good point on SCN that i have found out!

Regards,

Suhaib Bin Aziz

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All

Firstly My Apologies and will consider the request to change the name. And in my defense my honest reasoning behind is just that wanted to stay Anonymous for what ever reasons be it and nothing more than that and definitively not to mislead anyone.

I kindly request everyone in general not to jump into conclusion calling/labeling people as "LAZY"..

Just so everyone knows I'm a beginner myself.

Thanks & Regards

Arav (Mr.Sap)

former_member190778
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Arav,

I really do appreciate your good effort towards something which is good for everyone . let me tell you first that i pointed out u not because of any personal grudge or anything like this but just to take an example. i have seen your nice behavior towards my query. you can be anonymous by taking name whatever u like but should be well presented and good looking. in the last thanks for your good feedback and response. Everyone seems beginners when he or she wanted to learn something new .

Regards,

Suhaib Bin Aziz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is your new name going to be Madhan Gopalan?

former_member190778
Participant
0 Kudos

joseantonio_martinez
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Suhaib:

Some users want to be anonymous, but you are right such name could be confusing.

Please check this thread for .

Regards Antonio

former_member190778
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Jose,

Thanks for your post and yes i have gone through from the discussion before raising my query you have quoted here and this all discussion is about why not using real names & etc and all discussion is very learning i have read all but i wouldn't found anything related with why people cater SAP into their profile names. Reason being is this thing make people like this famous? what i think actually this should be prohibited because all what i have observed here within 1 year (my tenure on SCN) SCN is very big, informative and well observed by all moderators and mentors, then i thought might this thing is not prohibited but use should avoid to create by taking SAP names. Thanks

Regards,

Suhaib Bin Aziz

Martina_Gállego
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Suhaib,

Same thing with user sap basis - http://scn.sap.com/people/sap.basis34

Best regards,

Martina

former_member190778
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Martina,

yes, i have gone through from this user profile which you have referenced here. Thanks for sharing this with us.

Regards,

Suhaib Bin Aziz

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Actually that is done by these peoples, who is very lazy..

former_member190778
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Dev,

Thanks for your feedback, yes may be it is but my concern is any one can create profile with this name and accordingly to my know how this is not a good sign .

Regards,

Suhaib Bin Aziz