cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archiving ERS documents into an external archive

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello guys,

I'm an apprentice that is currently getting worked into SAP. We are currently working on a release Change for SRM.

Now my task is to think about ways to realize the archiving of ERS documents (credit items?) from SRM into an external archive that is linked to SRM.

Since I am not very far into SRM yet, I don't really know how to achieve that. I need to know where the ERS documents lie. They have to be in a table, which one? And where are the real documents (PDF files) stored? How could I realize the archiving of 58.000 ERS documents?

I hope you can give me some Food for thought. You don't have to deliver me a full solution, but maybe a few things that might help me make a good Impression?

Thanks in advance!

PS: I am from Germany so I apologize for my Business english in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sebastian,

what is the reason to archive documents outside from SRM?

Regards.

Laurent.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The reason is that we are doing a release Change and thereby "reinstalling" SRM, so These documents would otherwise be lost...

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

if i understand correclty your situation, you have a SRM system, let say A and you will implement a new SRM system (upper release), let say B, on another server...

Then, you want to extract documents from SRM system A and upload them in SRM system B?

Is this correct? If yes, this is not only an archiving project: you first need to migrate your data from system A to system B.

Regards.

Laurent.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't want to upload them into the new SRM System, I just want them archived because of storage period..

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So, archive SRM data in first SRM system (system A)...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah but how to Archive ERS documents..