cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netweaver 7.00 upgrade to 7.01

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru's,

I need to upgrade my NW 7.00 to 7.01 to be able to perform client copy (Source client is at ECC 6.00 PL15 running in Netweaver 7.01 PL3), import & export releases must be on the same level, for sure all of you will agree.

I tried manually using tcode SAINT to install Add-on packages but it won't allow me to proceed. It says I should use the EHPI which is already replaced by SUM.

I tried using SUM but only to update SP Stacks of ECC 6.0. and it is successful.

There's no option there to upgrade Netweaver EHPs only without including EHP for ECC 6.0

===Client Copy===

Source Client -> SAP ECC 6.0 PL 15 / Netweaver 7.01 PL 3

Target Client -> SAP ECC 6.0 PL 15 / Netweaver 7.00 PL 18

Please help me!

regards,

Maix

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

It is in fact not possible to only upgrade the NW component on a ECC system.

If your source system is based on NW Ehp 1 that means it is an Ehp4 ECC, so even if upgrading NW was possible there will still be differences on ECC components.

Check the here under blog for more information

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yves,

How come my source client happened to be like that? I am not the one who configured the source system and I do not know who he/she is so I can't ask.

Please see the attached screenshot of my source client's software component

Thanks!

regards,

Maix

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Maix

That is wired, check in transaction SPAM/SAINT to find when that Ehp was imported.

You could also run transaction SICK but I do not think it will complain.

Depending on the usage of the target client you could try to force run the copy by suppressing the basis release check (/edit/expert setting / [options] => NO_REL_CHK) you might also need to set option NO_RFCCHK.

Regards

446485 - CC-ADMIN: Special copying options

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I suspect that using SAPup or SAPEHPI it would likely have been entirely possible to apply EhP1 for NW7.0 without also applying EhP4 for ERP6.0, but as Yves said I don't think this was ever an intended scenario, which is probably why the new tool, SUM, may not support it.  I guess the real question is whether you could produce a consistent stack XML in Maintenance Optimizer that applies a NetWeaver EhP without applying the related ERP EhP.

Certainly you wouldn't be able to upgrade NetWeaver to EhP1 using SAINT.

Although you might be able to force the client copy to work in the way using Yves mentions, that won't in itself update the NetWeaver components, as they are of course client-independent.  Do you have to do a client copy?  What about a system copy?  That would take care of it.

Regards,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

I tried upgrading Netweaver using EHPI and the DVD delivered by SAP. But when I am in the phase of uploading the Stack XML File located inside the DVD, it gives me an error "No vendor is specified" I was stucked.

With regards to transaction MOPz, I cannot create a relevant stack only upgrading NW EHP1 without applying ERP EHP4. They're supposed to be upgraded as one for SUM tool.

And yes, I need to perform a client copy. I also tried the System Copy but it failed.

Thanks!

regards,

Maix

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yves,

I tried the force Client Copy. Yes it succeeded but with program return code 4. It ended with warning. Upon checking, some tables def. missing locally.

Thanks!

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you go into more detail about why you need a client copy vs a system copy?  Do you have more than one client (besides 000) being used in the system, so you don't want to overwrite them all?  Generally, a system copy is more efficient if there's only one client that you're concerned with -- it takes less time, and it handles everything, including the client-independent items.  The only part it doesn't copy is the kernel, but that's easy to manually adjust to be the same.

Unless you have a definite reason why a system copy would not work for you, I think you will have better luck troubleshooting that and getting it to work, and it will fix the problem of systems being out of sync on EhP/component levels.  Then you won't need to worry about running any upgrades, just run the system copy.

So why did it fail?  What happened?

Regards,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

I need to perform a client copy because the old SAP Servers we have here will be our DR servers and the new ones in which I need to perform a client copy will serve as our onsite server.

I tried performing a system copy before but it ended with error. it says that the storage size of my target system is not enough. the source system has 5 clients (000,001,150,160 & 200) I only need client 150 from the source system.

BTW, what the difference of standard system copy & homogeneous system copy?

FYI, I only need the customization of the source system & not the data.

Thanks in advance!

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Maix

An homogenous system copy is just a regular copy among systems with the same OS & DB, if DB or OS changes then it is an heterogeneous copy.

Watch out copying customizing will delete the application data in the target client

Regards

24853 - CC-INFO: Client copy, functionality

Application data is dependent upon Customizing data. Therefore, the data can only exist consistently together with it. Application data is always deleted in target clients, with the exception of a copy with SAP_USR or SAP_USER.

SAP_CUST    Customizing - application data is deleted

SAP_UCUS    Customizing and user data - application data is deleted

SAP_APPL     Customizing & application data. As of WAS 6.10, the profile corresponds to SAP_ALL without the user master data.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yves,

SAP_CUST is fine because we only need the customization. clean data will be migrated afterwards. However, pursuing Remote CLient Copy in my current situation, not all the table are copied. I think this is because the releases are not equal. Can I perform system copy without DB? OS are not the same as well.. source client is windows server 2003 while target client is windows server 2008 r2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can I perform system copy without DB?

What do you mean by without DB, Only SAP instance?

Why can't you just clean your target system and create new system by doing a system copy? It can give you the same version of system with full data (150) same as source system and you can create new clients (160&200) for further usage.

Regards,

Nick Loy

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the only difference in the operating system is the version, and not the overall OS, i.e. in your case migrating from Windows 2003 to Windows 2008, that is still homogeneous, as long as the same is true for the DBMS.  You can perform a homogeneous system copy to different releases of Windows and SQL Server (or MaxDB, or whatever DBMS you are using).

So really the only issue you are having with a system copy is that your target system doesn't have enough disk space to hold all the clients from the source system.  My recommendation here would be to talk to your hardware folks and see about getting more disk space, even if it's only temporarily.  Then do the full system copy, and afterwards, if you want, you can delete the extra clients you don't need.  This will solve your out-of-sync component versions, and then in future copies it will be easier to do a remote client copy, if that's still what you want to do.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Maix,

As per SAP note

1878193 - Central Note - Software Update Manager 1.0 SP10 [lmt_006]

You can use SUM to update NW 7.0 to NW 7.01.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori