cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to open FPM page as external window

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Can any one let me know "How to open FPM page as external window" ?

The scenario is :

I have one Custom WDP component with VIEW1,VIEW2 where in these views are embedded in correspoding windows.I have created a configuration for this component using FPM_OVP_COMPONENT where PAGE_1 has VIEW1 and PAGE_2 has VIEW2.

Now from PAGE_1 to navigate to PAGE_2, Im using below code

lo_event ?= cl_fpm_event=>create_by_id( 'FPM_CHANGE_CONTENT_AREA' ).
    lo_event->mo_event_data->set_value(
      EXPORTING
        iv_key   = 'TARGET_CONTENT_AREA'
        iv_value = 'PAGE_2'
    ).
    lo_fpm ?= cl_fpm=>get_instance( ).
    lo_fpm->raise_event( lo_event ).

Here, it opens PAGE_2 from PAGE_1 only(i.e PAGE_1 is not visible). Now my requirement is i need to open PAGE_2 from PAGE_1 as external window.

PS: I cannot use URL to open PAGE_2 as external window since PAGE_1 and PAGE_2 has same URL.

Pls help me to resolve this issue.

Thanks

KH

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Katrice,

Do you want to open the other view as webdynpron application or FPM application ?

1) if as webdynpro application, you could use create_external_window() of the interface IF_WD_WINDOW_MANAGER

2) as FPM application, you could use the interface IF_FPM_NAVIGATION (get from if_fpm interface)

and use method navigate.

Regards

Anurag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anurag,

If i use external_window concept, it is opening PAGE_2 but with no FPM toolbar buttons.

Thanks

KH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you could use link to target,,,or link to action,,,as a UI element in the first UI,

and you could use the same app and make the second view as a default page,,via application parameter...

you could create FPM or Webdynpro application.

Regards

Anurag

karsten_heth
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Katrice,

you could add a parameter to your FPM application that controls if you start with PAGE_1 or PAGE_2.

The Parameter passed to the application can be accessed like this:

DATA lo_fpm TYPE REF TO if_fpm.

DATA lv_skip_page_1 TYPE wdy_boolean.

lo_fpm = cl_fpm_factory=>get_instance( ).

lo_fpm->mo_app_parameter->get_value(

EXPORTING

iv_key   = 'SKIP_PAGE_1'

IMPORTING

ev_value = lv_skip_page_1 ).

So you can control with with parameter if you enter with PAGE_1 or PAGE_2 by raising your event or not.

Regards,

Karsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karsten,

Thanks for your reply.But my requirement is " i have PAGE_1 and PAGE_2 in which PAGE_1 is default page. In PAGE_1  i have URL, on click of that URL i'm navigating to PAGE_2. But PAGE_1 is getting closed and PAGE_2 is visible now.

Here i need to show both PAGE_1 and PAGE_2(in new tab) i.e both pages should be active.

PS : If i use external_window concept, it is opening PAGE_2 but with no FPM toolbar buttons.

Pls let me know how to achieve this requirement.

Thanks

KH