cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to open FPM page as external window

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Can any one let me know "How to open FPM page as external window" ?

The scenario is :

I have one Custom WDP component with VIEW1,VIEW2 where in these views are embedded in correspoding windows.I have created a configuration for this component using FPM_OVP_COMPONENT where PAGE_1 has VIEW1 and PAGE_2 has VIEW2.

Now from PAGE_1 to navigate to PAGE_2, Im using below code

lo_event ?= cl_fpm_event=>create_by_id( 'FPM_CHANGE_CONTENT_AREA' ).
    lo_event->mo_event_data->set_value(
      EXPORTING
        iv_key   = 'TARGET_CONTENT_AREA'
        iv_value = 'PAGE_2'
    ).
    lo_fpm ?= cl_fpm=>get_instance( ).
    lo_fpm->raise_event( lo_event ).

Here, it opens PAGE_2 from PAGE_1 only(i.e PAGE_1 is not visible). Now my requirement is i need to open PAGE_2 from PAGE_1 as external window.

PS: I cannot use URL to open PAGE_2 as external window since PAGE_1 and PAGE_2 has same URL.

Pls help me to resolve this issue.

Thanks

KH

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I cannot use URL to open PAGE_2 as external window since PAGE_1 and PAGE_2 has same URL.

You can use the URL, create another application for your web dynpro component, and in the Interface View, select 2nd Window in which View 2 is embedded ( and select the corresponding plug).

Now pass this new application url to the external window.

hope this helps,

Regards,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Thanks for quick reply. I've done the same and it opens WINDOW2 in new page(i.e as external window) but it does not have any FPM buttons.

Thanks

KH

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess you have to create configuration for the 2nd application and pass the configuration ID in the url.

Regards,

Kiran

sravanthi_polu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please go through the below link it may be helpful

Pop up external window with FPM application URL | SCN

Regards,

Sravanthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in your case second application is normal webdynpro application and it is been called as an external window.

it is similar to calling any URL from your FPM applciation. so your called URL( application 2) shouls  also have FPm configurations. you can try with using same configuration id's of application 1 for similar look and fucntionality i hope.

Thanks,

Kranthikumar palle.