cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stock booking for sales orders using APO gatp

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We are having similar case as YR, for which I'm searching for a solution. > (Putting this in a separate thread so that I can reward points)

We have certain sales orders (which are created on portal) for which we need to book stocks. These orders have different ord type. We want to give priority to these sales orders against existing/upcoming stocks. (For these orders, no customer master exists, kind of one-time).

Requirement is - Portal orders are placed according to the updated stock on portal (frequent run programs). But at the time of actual delivery creation, it happens that no stock available for the order and existing stock 'robbed' by other sales orders/deliveries meanwhile. We want to give 'portal orders' more priority than other normal orders/STOs.

We have receipt elements in Purchase orders only and no production orders. Also, portal orders are not subjected for gatp check, once the order is saved, a sales order is triggered & created in ECC (XI/PI) against dedicated Plants/Warehouses.

We have gatp and trying to find solution for it. Could you please guide how to book stocks for these 'priority orders' against existing unrestricted-use stock & against upcoming purchase orders?

Thanks a lot!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

babu_kilari4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello AP,

Since you have a different sales document type, why don't you assign a higher delivery priority to these orders during ATP check ? You can influence the default delivery priority that comes from customer master to a very high delivery priority just before the ATP check ( use field catalogue user exit ) and pass the high delivery priority to APO. Also, implement ROC ( Re-assignment of Order COnfirmations ) with a condition type defined at Order type and pick this ROC Rule to grab the stock from lower priority orders that had already consumed the stock. You also need to use another ROC BADI to make this delivery priority relevant decisions to consider only the lower prioritiy documents. Once the order is saved, you can see the stock assigned to higher priority documents and the lower priority documents will leave their confirmation. The prerequisite for this is to use ODL ( Order Due Lists ). You need a Donor list that is willing to give the stock. This donor list is sorted in a descending order with lower priority order at top that is willing to give the stock.

You can refer to following standard documentation of ROC here.

EDQA Event: Reassignment of Order Confirmations - Event-Driven Quantity Assignment (SCM-APO-ATP-EQA)...

Hope this helps

Babu Kilari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Babu,

Thanks for your inputs. I would like to get into more details of what you mentioned about delivery priority. In my case, any customer places online order on webportal (based on current stock on portal which we frequently update through programs) and once the order is saved, a Sales order is created in ECC for a "one time customer" (there are hardly 2-3 customers for the e-orders), for which gatp check happens and stock is assigned as per availability and delivery date is assigned. So basically issues are

1. Order in ECC should be placed with successful gatp check & confirmation - chances are of stealing stocks in between the 'time gap' of stock update on portal & order placing till order creation in ECC with gatp check >> for this we are working on stock update programs.

2. Once delivery date is assigned to the order after successful gatp check, during the time of delivery creation, there are other STOs which steal stocks & create outbound deliveries before the portal order. Here we want to stop the 'robbing'.

So looking at this aspect, could you please elaborate the point of -

"Since you have a different sales document type, why don't you assign a higher delivery priority to these orders during ATP check ? You can influence the default delivery priority that comes from customer master to a very high delivery priority just before the ATP check ( use field catalogue user exit ) and pass the high delivery priority to APO"

And how can we use field cataloguser exit?

And ya, we may not need ROC, as there will be no one ready to 'Donate' But thanks for highlighting the option as well..

Thanks

babu_kilari4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello AP,

For the point 2, that you just mentioned, once the sales order is saved, if you wish to NOT disturb the confirmed quantity, set the "Fixed Date & Quantity" flag in the schedule line. With this, no other process can disturb this order. Did you try this ?

Babu Kilari

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Babu,

Sorry for getting late on this. Thanks for the input. I will try it.

But how can I peg the incoming receipt (Purchase order in my case) to my desired order (portal order) so that only the portal order will confirm the stock and then others..

AP.

babu_kilari4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello AP,

May be you need some implicit enhancements in scope of check routines in APO to address that specific question.

Babu Kilari