cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue in transferring forecast from APO to ECC

0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

I want to transfer Forecast data from APO Demand Planning to SAP ECC (MD04). I have followed the below mentioned step systematically.

1.Maintain Transfer Profile

2. Create a data View with the forecast key figure

3. Generate and Activate the Integration model

4. Maintain distribution defination

5. Created Activity and Background job

6. Execute the background job

After execution, in SMQ1 the data is getting stuck with Error " FISCAL YEAR VARIANT IS NOT MAINTAINED FOR MATERIAL" . I checked the fiscal year variant is maintained in both the system. And now unable to resolve the query.

Could you please suggest what could be the reason and how to resolve the same ?

Regards,

Dipak More

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dipak,

In your error message it self it is showing that Fiscal year is not maintained in Materil Master.

It will be maintained in Mat. Master ECC MRP views of section Forecast requirements.

Thanks,

Bala.

0 Kudos

Thanks Bala for the quick reply !!

I enter the correct Fiscal year variant in Forecast requirement view. And then run the job.

Now I am getting below mentioned error SMQ1 because of which queue is stuck. Can you suggest how to resolve this ?

Status : Requirement Block. If I click on function module mentioned in queue (CIF_PIR_INBOUND) then get the message that Function module does not exist.

Regards,

Dipak

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dipak,

Status : Requirement Block. If I click on function module mentioned in queue (CIF_PIR_INBOUND) then get the message that Function module does not exist.

I hope your issue is resolved.

If not then check for dumps in ECC or APO side for PIRs. IF no data exist in CIF queue means mostly a ABAP dump will appear.

If that also not worked then try for debug with ABAPer help. You will findout what is stopping update of PIRs.

Thanks,

Bala.

0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

I took help of ABAPer. I am not getting any dump in APO or ECC.

Also, ABAPer tried debugging the same but didn't get any reason for not transferring the forecast.

Probably,it is not getting the destination system.

Could you please suggest what should be done now ?

Regards,

Dipak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dipak,

What error are you receiving now? I'm a little confused.

While DP is not my area, I can see that the R/3 Transfer Profile has a field for Period Split. The Period Split has Fiscal Year Variant as one of the inputs. You'll have to work with the Period Split to see how different settings affect the transfer.

You must ensure that communications between ECC and APO are set up correctly.

Best regards,

Mike

0 Kudos

Dear Mike / Bala,

I have not defined Period Split in transfer profile. The earlier error for "FISCAL YEAR VARIANT IS NOT MAINTAINED FOR MATERIAL" has been resolved as soon as I maintained Mat. Master ECC MRP views of section Forecast requirements.

Further, I am getting error of Requirement Block in the SMQ1 in APO.

I tried to Debug the issue with ABAPer. As per ABAPer in functional module : BP_Job_Modify and BP_MAP_SERVER_to_host Target server is not identified.

How can  Map the target server for this functional module.

Regards,

Dipak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dipak,

Your error is in the Basis world. Are you using any user exits or bapi/badi's during the release?

Mike

former_member216565
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dipak,

What is the requirements type, you are mentioning in the Activity? Are you transferring you PIR to Active R/3 Demand Version? ( If not, check that respective box 'Active' once and try running your job ).

Also,i hope, your RFC connection to R/3 is active and running. Just to ensure, make a ping to R/3 in SM59.

Thanks,

Santosh KB.

0 Kudos

Dear Santosh,

The requirement type selected in Transfer profile is VSF, the check box for Active is Ticked (check), still I am getting issue.

I check with RFC connection also which is OK.

Regards,

Dipak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dipak,

Provide complete error message. By your message destinations system ids not identified or wrong names.

Check RFC connections both ways. ECC <-> APO. If possible post screen shots with details. Atleast we can understand the error.

Thanks,

Bala.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dipak,

SAP prevents you from transferring planned independent rquirements in both directions. Consequently, you do not need an integration model for PIR's.

Best regards,

Mike

0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your reply !

I want to transfer forecast from DP planning book to ECC in one only. I don't want to transfer it in both ways.

As you suggest, i don't need to create integration model. Then how should I transfer the Forecast from DP to ECC.

Kindly suggest on the same.

Regards,

Dipak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dipak,

I'm sure that the process has been descibed many times in SCN. I listed the basic steps from memory. A few experts will no doubt add to this or call out the errors.

1. Create an activity in //MC8T using the tab R/3 Release Profile. You'll have to create a Transfer Profile during this step.

2. Create Demand Planning in the Background job in //MC8D.

3. Schedule Demand Planning in the Background job in //MC8G

I haven't done this in a while so I can't help with the field entries.

Best regards,

Mike

0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

I tried transfer by scheduling the activity in /n/sapapo/mc8g but still I am getting the same issue.

Can you please suggest is there any settings to be done in ECC / APO.

Regards,

Dipak More