Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect Pur grp determined in PDP scenario

vinita_kasliwal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All

Please advise  I am trying to setup a PDP scenario and when in the PR and the SC different pur org are being picked up Please could you explain the reason for the behavior ?

For example : I maintained in ECC pR pur grp as 100 and in the SRM it is picking up a random Pur group as P12

I also checked this has got nothing to do with Category ID as in the product responsibility it says product category as asterix for both .

Also I have assigned the RFC user under the root org structure 

Please could some one help me understand how to ensure the Pur grp should be the same
Any help would be much appreciated .

Regards

Vinita

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

vinita_kasliwal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I found the solution here there was a logic written in DOC_CHANGE which was overriding the standatd settings hence the Pur org and Pur group where picked based on the logic and were different from the one defined in the ECC backend system .

When i commented that part in the code it is now having the same pur org and pur grp in the SRM system .

Regards

Vinita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Vinita,

either the purchasing group or the product category should be * but not both,change it immediately and check

Regards,

kiran

vinita_kasliwal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi KIran

Yes I now did that but it still doesnt work

I have a Pur grp 100 defined in ECC and when it creates a SC in ECC frm the same pR it creates it with different Pur Grp i.e  P12 ..

Not sure why .. the RFC user is assigned to a pur group 929 which is assigned to the root org unit .

and the responsibility tab of Pur group 100 I have the value maintained as 929  yet it doesnt work

Please advise ?

vinita_kasliwal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please can some advise urgently on this ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Vinita

If I am not wrong in PDP scenario local pur chasing group is responsible for the procurement

in SRM

-setup an entry channel in the org structure for external requirements

-assign rfc user to this channel

-assign local pur group responsible for the created channel

Regards,

Kiran

vinita_kasliwal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey Kiran

I have assigned the local pur  grp only ..

So basicaly in the below Pur grp 929 is a local one .. how do you think the Pur group should be determined is there some logic for it .. coz I was assuming ti should be same as that of ECC ... but thats not happening ..

I have a Pur grp 100 defined in ECC and when it creates a SC in ECC frm the same pR it creates it with different Pur Grp i.e  P12 ..

Not sure why .. the RFC user is assigned to a pur group 929 which is assigned to the root org unit .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vinita,

to be specific you will define which product from the backend are sent for external procurement in SRM using product category, coming to procurement in PDP it is the local purchasing group that is responsible

Regards,

kiran