Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CCMS/RZ20 - Number of free Dialog Workprocesses

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

are there metrics available in CCMS/RZ20, which display the available Dialog Workprocess?

I know there is a metric which shows the utilisation in % but I want the number.

Kind regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Christian

as I see in a system with basis and kernel release 7.40 there are MTEs about number of ended WPs and total number of WPs under

RZ20 --> SAP CCMS Monitor Templates
              --> Entire System
                     --> <SID> --> R/3 Services
                          --> Dialog --> <instance>

There is no such MTE about number of free WPs.

regards, Alwina

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thats what I mean. I only found the MTE, which display "specified" Number of WP.

But not the number of FREE WPs.

Kind regards

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Christian,

for Dia WPs there are no such MTEs, only utilization MTEs. For Background WPs there is the MTE class SystemWideFreeBPWP for free background WPs in the entire system. You can find the MTE under

RZ20 --> Background Processing
                 --> System Wide
                       --> Background
                             --> BackgroundService
                                  SystemWideFreeBPWP

regards,
Alwina

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Alwina,

thx. Yes for bg I also found already, but therefore I thought there should also be one for DIAG.

Kind regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Christian and Alwina, you guys are right!

Just a query, wouldn't the 'utilisation in %' give away the number of free dialog work processes?

Best Regards,

Anita

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Anita,

yes, one could calculate from "utilization in %" and total number of the dia wps the number of free wps. But in RZ20 there is no such MTE, which give the number of free wps directly.

regards,
Alwina

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You mean % of "Defined WPs"?

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

if utilization is 20% (for example) and you have 10 dia wps on the instance, then 8 dia wps are free.

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I know, but isn't there a metric of this?

Because you know, in one system 10% left might be 2 processes and in another system 10% might be 10 processes.

And for me the limit makes more sense, if I set it to a number.

KR

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Christian,

I understand your concern, but such MTEs are not available. You can expand the whole monitoring tree in the system under "RZ20 --> SAP CCMS Technical Expert Monitors --> System / All Monitoring Segments / All Monitoring Contexts" and search for available MTEs, but you will not find any MTEs for the number of free Dia WPs in the system.

You can also write your own data supplier, but it will be not so easy. A document for writing own data suppliers is on

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/d6957732-0701-0010-36b5-cae4fcdc4...

regards,
Alwina

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Christian,

This is possible. Kindly check the below link and SAP Note 664411 for reference:

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/9c/f78b3ba19dfe47e10000000a11402f/content.htm

Best Regards,

Anita