cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MasterData - Search Terms 1/2 linked to Name 1/2?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like to know whether or not the Search Terms in MasterData (seen below in image 1), are linked to the Name 1/2 fields in the search popup box (refer below in image 2).

Image 1: MasterData object, Search Terms 1/2

Image 2: Search Popup Box

For example, if I was to enter a surname as Search Term 1 for a Business Partner, is that search term only valid for the Name 1 search field? Or will it return the object I want, regardless of which Name 1/2 field I enter the search term (that I've entered into MasterData) into?

Regards

Justin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Justin,

The Name1/Last name and Name2/First name in the search help criteria are only referring to the fields Last name and First name in master data but not related to search term1/2 after checking the code.

You can also set search help criteria for search term1/2 by clicking the "+" symbol in the search help.

Hope this helps.

BR, Dawson

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response Dawson.

After I posted I attempted some testing on the fields to see if I could work it out myself and I came to the same conclusion - that there is no link between the number fields. I did however note that the search term entered into Search Term 2 did not return a record when I used it in either the First Name or Last Name fields.

It may be a custom development to block it out but then again it may be standard across the board and could be worth someone else checking that for confirmation.

Justin

Answers (0)