Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization groups in MM01

Funcional
Participant
0 Kudos

I'm trying to restrict material creation by material type, but with no positive results.
First I created an authorization group via SE54 and then asigned it to the material type via T134. Then I add the authorization group in object M_MATE_MAR to the role but this didn't work.

I appreciate your help!

Thanks in advance.

Rosina Fernandez

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rosina,

SE54 is used to maintain table authorisation groups, material groups are maintained differently.

You need to use OMS2 to assign an authorisation group to the material type. double click on a line entry and on the next screen you will see a field called authorisation group,

then update M_MATE_MAR according to your access requirement.

John.

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you defined the ACTVT values for authorization group? Can you please check that?

Please post a screenshot of the authorization group.

Thank you.

0 Kudos

hi Span,

We defined the actvt values for authorization group see this screenshot please.

But didn´t work.

Thank you.

Rosina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rosina,

SE54 is used to maintain table authorisation groups, material groups are maintained differently.

You need to use OMS2 to assign an authorisation group to the material type. double click on a line entry and on the next screen you will see a field called authorisation group,

then update M_MATE_MAR according to your access requirement.

John.

0 Kudos

Hi John,

We did what you suggested us but witho no positive results.

I appreciate your help.

Regards,

Rosina

0 Kudos

Hi Rosina,

Just to clarify, do you want for the role in question to only allowed creation of material of type "WERB" in group "ZMM1" and no other material types?

if so, the other materials types also need to be added to a authorisation group. If no authorisation group is assigned to a material type, that material type will not be checked for M_MATE_MAR access.

i.e. assign materials types that shouldn't be created by this role in group ZMM0 and provide access to this group in roles that should be allowed.

Hope this make sense.

John.

0 Kudos

Hi John,

Thanks for your answer, yes we only want to allow creation of material type WERB to that role and no other type of material, what you said make sense for me, we'll try that way and let you know.

Thanks in advance.

Regards!

Rosina

0 Kudos

Thank you John, problem solved.

Regards.

Rosina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Set the authorization group for each material type using Tcode OMS2. Then in Authorization object M_Mate_mar, write down that authorization group declared in OMS2.

See the below image:

Here I need to mention authorization group CONT to provide authorization for CONT type material.

Thanks

asad