cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bulk picking - Batch neutral transfer order not created automatically

swagat_mohanty2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I have a scenario to replenish the production staging area from Bulk storage area . We have WM HUM set up. The Bulk storage type is set up as Mixed Storage with Totals info = '1'. I would like the transfer orders to be created (against material staging TRs) without batch, so the users can scan the accessible pallet and move it to the PSA. I have used different removal strategies - Blank, H, F in the storage type but the system doesn't determine the storage bin automatically (I guess H & F doesn't matter as none of the information on GR date/SLED is available in table LQUAB). However, if I enter the storage bin manually, I am able to create the transfer order. Is there a limitation in SAP to determine storage bin for batch neutral transfer order to be picked from bulk storage or I am missing any setting?

Thanks

Swagat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Swagat,

Not sure about the batch neutral transfer order however as far as standard TO creation are concern system first check material master and the storage type search strategy and then any other parameter.

1) system first look at the material master WM1 view, picks the value of stock removal

2) Pass the value to storage type search  and find the corresponding entry from LE--WM---Strtegies--storage type search,---Determin search sequence (check whether storage type search entry exist for the selected Removal indicator and movement type if any reference is defined in WM movement type or not)

what is this batch neutral transfer order(how is this different from normal transfer order), could you please elaborate a bit more in detail

swagat_mohanty2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

I know how the stock removal works in WM. In my case, I am using Bulk storage for which I don't intend any batch or SU to be determined in the transfer order. The transfer order should have the material, souce and destination bin So, the user is free to pick a SU for any batch of the material in TO.

Thanks

Swagat