cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Polish characters on print preview are not correct, printing works well

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

i've got a problem with smartform print preview. Our programmer developed form, which is used in polish and english version. In polish version everything works fine - print and print preview has polish characters (ąłćźń etc). In english version, print preview has no polish characters in address paragraph, but when I print it, everything is on his place.

Unfortunetly, system is non-unicode. I tried changing font to other (but in polish version with the same font, print preview is correct), changing size, even charset of printer. Works badly on I2SWIN, HP-PCL, and any other printer type.

What should I do now? Removing polish letters or changing them into "normal" is not acceptable solution, especially that printing works fine (on I2SWIN and HP PCL type also).

Polish is of course installed on the system.

Thank you for your help.

SAP ECC 6.0

SAP_AP 700 013

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Florian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

did you already check in SPAd, if your types also got the correct letter-set in. shouldn't so, because you told us, that the preview isn't correct.

I think the problem is, that the SPAD-type doesn't support these characters to display.The installed language doesn't have any effect on this issue I think.

~Florian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thank you for your answer.

If the charset would be set incorrectly, print preview for smartform in polish language will be incorrect also, I think. Now i have situation in which ALL is displayed correctly, when correspondence language is set to polish for contractor (customer, I guess), and when correspodence language is english, only print preview is wrong.

So, changing charset wont change anything, but I will try setting some other.

Thanks again.

Florian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

another thought to solve the issue is to translate the form to pl in your system. I got a similar issue some time ago.

I developed the form in DE and translated it just to English, because we wanted to set always English.

Problem was, that french characters didn't show up in a proper way in print-preview. We solved the issue by translating the form also in FR and IT.

It seemed, that the formlanguage passed just the native charactersets for this language.

Maybe you are having the same issue. Otherwise would be nice, if you can share your solution if there is another one here

~Florian