cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

automatic determination of Door in TU and further process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am working with a POSC scenario for inbound process.  unloading+packing+putaway

EWM ID has got  door and  Goods Movement bin  determined automatically through-- door determination setting and bin assignment to the door setting respectively.

Also the staging area details are determined using /SCWM/STADET_IN

1. when I assign this ID to a new TU which has been checked-in, why doesn't the system automatically refer to the Door in ID and assign it to the TU? OR  it has to be done manually only?

2. Further, If I assign the door manually and dock the TU to the the door determined in ID, can I have my system configured to create the Unloading WTs automatically? 

In my case, it is not happening.  Is it achievable? if yes, how?

When i try  /SCWM/UNLOAD  to do manually Create Unloading WTs(complex), it throws an error that.

"No entry found for process-oriented storage control for <WH no> +  <First ext Step of POSC>"   I could not find any issue with POSC setting.

In this situation, if i do a GR in the same screen, GR is completed and unloading task is created.

The unloading WT created has the destination data of the staging area, but the source bin data is blank.

3.No able to understand ..why WT is created only after GR  and  why the source bin data(i.e.door bin) is not available unloading WT ?

if i confirm this WT, all the further POSC  steps are working perfectly.

N.B. yard mgmt is not active.

Need help for the above 3 issues.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

1. when I assign this ID to a new TU which has been checked-in, why doesn't the system automatically refer to the Door in ID and assign it to the TU? OR  it has to be done manually only?

>>> Door assignment is manual as it is per availability of door.

2. Further, If I assign the door manually and dock the TU to the the door determined in ID, can I have my system configured to create the Unloading WTs automatically?

Yes check PPF action and activate same as automatic.

"No entry found for process-oriented storage control for <WH no> +  <First ext Step of POSC>"   I could not find any issue with POSC setting.

First check activate shipping and receiving.   flow the process >> if it wont work check below customization.

then Check POSC steps>> You have not configured POSC properly >>

Confif>> CPS>>WT>>POSC>>check steps and there flow as per physical.

In this situation, if i do a GR in the same screen, GR is completed and unloading task is created.

The unloading WT created has the destination data of the staging area, but the source bin data is blank.

Ans >>Update source bin in WPT for unloading.

or assign door in TU then source bin will be updated.

A>>If you are working on yard management then you need to do yard movement before unload TU in this step you will assign door.

B>>If you are not doing yard movement and only TU (shipping and receiving then just update door in TU) then unload.

And if you are not doing both A and B then update source bin in WPT. So it will take source bin from WPT.

I hope above things will ans you query.

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj,

For automatic unloading WTs, i tried to ind the actions under /SCWM/TU action profile.

I could get

/SCWM/SR_TU_HU_TO_CREATE, Create Loading WTs for HUs of the Corresponding Deliveries

but I am not sure whether it is correct for UNloading WTs also.  I could not find any other for Unloading process. i proceeded with the same.

further to define the condition technique for action for S& R, I checked below nodes.

screen1

but could not do anything here.

so proceeded with actions under delivery processing in IMG as below.

screen2

Using above spro, I proceeded with condition technique process with all the further setup. for action /SCWM/SR_TU_HU_TO_CREATE

While maintaining condition records using

/SCWM/DLVPPFC - Maintain Condition Records for PPF Schedule Conditions

I could not use  action /SCWM/SR_TU_HU_TO_CREATE..

so I want to know whether condition record maintaining for concerned process is using /SCWM/DLVPPFC or something else.

and whether the IMG nodes used for maintaining condition technique setup for action /SCWM/SR_TU_HU_TO_CREATE  are correct ones

I want to setup a scenario like when TUs status changes to Docked at Door, system should automatically create Unloading tasks from Door bin to Staging area.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj,

I was able to do /SCWM/UNLOAD  complex WTs for unload.  POSC  first step for 'unload" was maintained with source storage type, which was not needed.   After removing that, manual WT creation worked.   Thanks.

For automatic Unload WT creation, when the Tu is docked at door, is still not achieved.

I am not able to fine the correct action for that..  Could you please let me know that?

ankushkhatri8
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

Any idea that how can the door be assigned automatically to the transportation unit based upon the availability of free door ?

Regards,

Ankush

Answers (0)