cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navigation settings in Planning Book

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I made following changes in Navigation in PB.

I changed the Planning Bucket Profile in the DV using period structure settings option. From Header settings -- I changed the 'Total' to 'Details(all)' option.

I went to Pivot sorting and changed the sequence of columns.

Can I save all above changes somehow so that next time these steps are not required to be repeated?

Brgds...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member216565
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just elaborating suggestion from Bala,

You can follow the below steps,

1) First, Load the data into the Data View.

2) Then goto 'Maintain User Settings'( Ctrl + F7 )

3) goto Navigation Path (DrillDown) and add the Characteristic by which you want to drill.

4) Same way, you can do it on Pivot Sorting.

5) Save and Exit.

6) Next time, when you come to this dataview, you will see your settings back as and when you load the data.

Thanks,

Santosh KB.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Santosh but that partially answers my question.

My specific query is about following 2 things :

1. Period structure settings -- is there any way that it can be saved as 1 month for one user and 2 months for some other user in the same Data View ?

2. In the header -- I select Deatils(all) and I refresh. Once I refresh again it starts displaying total. Can I retain the Deatils(all) somehow ?

former_member216565
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think,regd. Point# 1, I dont think, you can save the period structure settings in the interactive planning for each user.

Point# 2,please follow aforementioned steps, you will be able to retain the Details(all) setting. For that,you have to speicfy, upon which characteristic, you want to drill down. Also, you will see in action, Details(all)," only after u load data."

Thanks,

Santosh KB.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

It does not behave in SNP excatly the same way as in DP. Here you canm not select characteristics. But I found a workaround. You can select the grid -- do a right click --goto Navigation and save.

This way you save your settings and fileter does not get refreshed.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you can use User settings for layout and other settings..

Thanks,

Bala.