Did you mean: 

Export Process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Is it necessary to have export process in the following way

Sales order -. Outbound Delivery -. Proforma Invoice - Excise Invoice

' ' - Invoice

That is is it necessary to have a proforma invoice for the export process. what is the neccesity for it.

or can we have the process in the follwing way

Sales order -. Outbound Delivery -. Invoice - Excise Invoice .

please clarify.

Deepak

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi deepak,

it depends on ur business requirement,like if customer of ur client demands the tentitive invoice for the consignment that he has recieved or for his banking purposes if he requires LOC (loan of credit ) bank demands LOC from supplier .so in these cases u require proforma.and also u cannot send the physical goods from india with out an proper invoice like proforma which is equivalent to f2 doc .it is required.

if u r sending the goods or exporting with order and delievry confirmation form customer then u can directly use invoice instead of proforma.

please reward if it helps !!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In continuation with this question, I would like to clarify a few things, We are using the TAXINJ procedure. In my sd pricing procedure do i have to maintain the condition types for education cess and higher education cess.

In my present config they are not maintained and they are maintained only in the taxinj procedure and tax codes. But the excise values and education cess values come in my are1 and excise invoice. (tcode j1iin & j1a01)

Now my question is for printing of the excise invoice from which table i have to take values for excise duty ecs and secondary and higher education cess. because even though their values are zero while submitting to excise we have to print the excise duty that we would have paid incase it was a domestic sale.

I want to know what is the standard practice for maintaing the export pricing procedure and also the tables which are used for printing excise details.

thanks and regards,

Deepak.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Deepak,

Export Under Bond process is

Sales Order> Delivery>Packing List>Proforma Invoice>Commercial Invoice>Excise Invoice>ARE1 Creation.

(As per Indian Customs rules while exporting goods 4 dyas before we need to submit Packing list and Proforma Invoice this rule is for some of the products am not sure it is for all).

Rajendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Deepak,

A proforma invoice is necessary for custom purposes. It has to be carried with the shipped goods. In US this is also called the commercial invoice.

As you must be knowing Proforma invoice would not update any GL accounts.

The actual invoice can be sent later.

Hope this helps.

Vishal