Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict back date in request delivery date

deep_khanra
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I want to restrict back date entry in request delivery date , is there any way in standard to make it, i checked  in document type , requested delivery date part..but it was not worked ..any other way please...

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Deep

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

this message is hardcoded in program SAPLVDAT, include LVDATU01 function PERIOD_AND_DATE CONVERT_INPUT.

You can use userexit MV45AFZZ to check the field value against system date.

Alternatively, you could create your own copied program from standard and adjust it as per your requirement as modifying SAP standard program is not recommended.

Regards,

JM

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

deep_khanra
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks you all for valuable additional input thank you i have tested with your suggestion also but  its not really meeting this requirement. Possible with only enhancement.

Thanks again,

Deep

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Whatever you do please don't follow the "copy the standard" route. There has been the magical thing called "enhancement" invented in SAP quite a while ago. Also most likely a simple user exit could take care of this.

rajesh4379
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Deep,

One way to restrict the entry , You can change the Warning message into Error message & then you can restrict the change.

Regards,
Rajesh

deep_khanra
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

That is what my purpose ...but to turn message W to I it need to make with Z ....as Joan mas told that  include from LVDATU01 need to make Z as well as i also checked ..but before make i want to be sure from here.

Thanks & Regards,

Deep

former_member223981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The solution provided by is the correct one if you want warning message VD399 to be an error message.

Just a little more information for you:

If you enter a requested delivery date in the past (and the user ignores the warning), it is possible to prevent scheduling from occuring in the past by de-selecting the "Backwards" flag in transaction OVLY. This will ensure that the sales order scheduling results in dates from current date to the future - no past dates will be determined.