SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parked document closing year

renfeproyectoau
Participant
0 Kudos

Good afternoon,

How should parked documents be treated at the end of the year?

My idea is to carry forward them to X+1. There, documents just can be post or modified whether we update transaction code FMOD.

Please let me know whether the procedure sounds good.

Regards,

Daniel

9 REPLIES 9

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is possible. Another alternative would be revising all parked documents during year-end exercise and either posting them or cancelling before the carry-forward.

0 Kudos

Good morning,

If I decide not to revising the parked documents (not cancell them before the carry forward) )and so I carry forward them to year X+1, then I guess that every modification should be possible in those documents afterwards withou aditinal treat, no?

I mean, which is the point of trasaction code FMOD. If forces the FM date, but when should it be used?

Doubt: It seems that the system allows me to register an earmarked fund in year X (previous year) if I am in registering date X+1. If I do not carry forward them, if I try to modify it the system does not allow it and so I have to change the date in FMOD to year X. Why? It is possible to register it but not to modify it?

Please let me know.

Regards,

Daniel

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can close FM years via FMIR (or FMMI) transactions.

0 Kudos

And then use the FMOD transaction code to force aonther date, no?

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

FMOD will work on all transactions made by specific user: be careful with it. I don't understand why would you need it... When you carry-forward your parked documents, FM date of the document is already in X+1. Or do you want to put it to X, when posting? This won't be possible... You will have to carry-backward your document.

0 Kudos

I understand what you say. I want these movements in X+1, but i cannot understand why the system me to introduce a parked invoice in the previous year but not to modify it. Strange, no?

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is normal: modification or further processing has to be in line with FM date of the document. If a document was not carried-forward, it stays in year X from FM point of view, while its modification happens in X+1: in many situations, depending on FM update profile, it is not possible. While introducing a new document is fully dependent on closed/open periods in FM.

0 Kudos

OK Eli, Now it is more clear.

I guess that with "FM date of the document" (for modification) you mean the registering date, no?

When you say that this depends on the update profile, that it means that it could be modified?

Thank you

Daniel

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Some things can be modified (OF39); others will be considered as self-development. FM date of the document in my phrase refers to the current FM year of the document, i.e. the year the document was either registered or carried-forward to.