Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Validation expression while import

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a business requirement, which is as below:

We maintain customer details including their address information maintained in 4 address lines, We have set null value overwrite for all the fields maintained in maps. The requirement is, If the address lines are blank in the input file then except those 5 null address lines other fields should get updated, else if any one of the address lines has the value then all the fields should get updated. This should happen during the file import.

Can anyone help me out in how this can be achieved ?

Thanks

Vinoth

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member226173
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vinoth,

If you have PI in your landscape i be leave this logic can be placed there , based on the values stored in each of the lines PI can maybe send an empty segment with no values to MDM systems.

Regards,

Vag Vignesh Shenoy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vignesh,

Now we are trying to do with ETL here, but my question is, cant we do this in MDM itself rather that doing it via PI or ETL?

Thanks

vinoth

former_member226173
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vinoth, Sadly your requirement needs a logic to be placed in the MDM system and there is very less coding option in the MDM systems . Unless you use a middle ware i do not think your requirement can be accomplished. Regards, Vag Vignesh Shenoy

gabor_molnar
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinoth,

If you set the "Set NULL Interpretation" option for the desired Destination Field to Overwrite. Then NULL values and also real values will be written to the detination field:

"The current setting of the NULL Interpretation option determines

whether NULL source values are ignored or used to overwrite existing

destination data values."

For further info have a look at the Improt MAnager REference Guide -> SETTING THE NULL INTERPRETATION OPTION (SAP NetWeaver Master Data Management (MDM) 7.1 – SAP Help Portal Page)

Regards,

Gábor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gabor,

I am well aware of Null value interpretation option,.. but here if you notice my scenario:

Need to set null value interpretation for all the fields, but for a particular set of fields addressline1 to addressline5, if all those comes as null, the value should not get null for existing records in MDM.

Is there any possible way to resolve this?

Thanks

Vinoth