Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert inbox for Business process monitoring is not getting updated

Saikumar
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts ,

Can any one tell me how to check if this refresh is working properly for alert inbox(BPM) .  Understand that some data/KPI's  SOLMAN is pulling it from satellite systems and saving it here. My last updated date is very old. Can any one help me in refreshing my alert inbox.

Solman_workcenter--> business process operations( tab)--> alert inbox --> business process monitoring .

Regard's

Sai

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

keiji_mishima
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sai

if you look at table DSWP_BPM_ALERTS, can you see latest date data ?

the table contains BPMon alert. if the table does not contains recent alert, I assume there is a problem on data collection side.

In this case, you need to check why the data collection fail in managed system.

One of the typical reason of data collection fail is following.

1) You define monitor as online data collection. And data collection fail due to timeout.
     Maybe you might see ABAP dump in ST22 with SolMan Read RFC user

2) Data collection background job stop for some reason. (this is related if you define
    Data collection in background mode).
    Check whether background job BPM_DATA_COLLECTION_* job up and running

3)You update ST-PI in managed system more than SP6 and using standard out of box
    key figure.

As of ST-PI 2008_01_* SP6, there are authorization object is in standard KPI code.
   So if the RFC read user does not have a authorization, data collection might fail.

Recommend to create copy role of SAP_MANAGED_BPOANA_ALL and assign to the read
   RFC user.

Also recommend to check following notes to check landscape pre-requiste

521820 - Availability of Business Process Monitoring

784752 - BPMon in SAP Solution Manager - prerequisites

Best Regards

Keiji Mishima