Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ME21N - restriction by Material Type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team

I need to restrict ME21N by Material Type.

The only authority checks set are:

M_BEST_BSA

M_BEST_EKG

M_BEST_EKO

M_BEST_WRK

In SU24, M_MATE_WRK, is set as follow:

Check indicator: "check"

Proposal: "no"

How I can use this object to restrict by Material Type? ABAP coding is needed?

Thanks in advance and regards,

Andrés Sananes

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Andres,

for material type check the authorisation object is M_MATE_MAR, the relevant material types needs to be allocated to a authorisation group maintained with transaction OMS2 and maintain table T134

The authorisation group relating to the material types will then need to be updated in the M_MATE_MAR object to allow access.

John,

2 REPLIES 2

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you mentioned article type but object M_MATE_WRK controls access on site level. Anyway, if ME21N performs check for this object then it will be executed. Hence I would suggest to run authorization trace to see which checks are executed. If check for your object is not there then there is standard BADI for POs that can be used to add additional authorization checks. So it will require some coding but not much. It's quite straight forward.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Andres,

for material type check the authorisation object is M_MATE_MAR, the relevant material types needs to be allocated to a authorisation group maintained with transaction OMS2 and maintain table T134

The authorisation group relating to the material types will then need to be updated in the M_MATE_MAR object to allow access.

John,